MIDI Connection Problem-

JacobTheSongBoy wrote on 9/27/2008, 2:51 PM
I am trying to solve a problem with my Yamaha-213 Piano/Keyboard not working with Magix Music Maker 14 Producer Edition. I am connecting the piano via an M-Audio Uno (USB) MIDI device and it seems to be connected and installed just fine. I have even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Problem:
Everyone time a hit a key on my piano it either succesfully comes through and registeres with Music Maker, or it doesn't, as If I never pressed the key. When I'm pressing multiple keys, you can hear some, but not others. I can't play rapidly because it won't register a note until the entire not has ended (reverb/echo and all). It is really fustrating me. Could it possibly be my soundcard? I have been trying to fix this for a week now, and nothing seems to work. Please help. =]

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 9/30/2008, 11:41 AM

Bummer!
Well... it has nothing to do with your sound card. First thing to try is downloading a free MIDI sequencer (there are MANY available) and verify your MIDI is working correctly.

If yes, let me know and we'll tackle settings and etc. and try to get this solved.

Justin