Meta tagging a website using key words in Xara Web Designer MX

RP1000 wrote on 11/15/2015, 10:39 AM

When meta-tagging a website home page (and other pages) with key words, is it sufficient just to put the key words in the page description and key-words box under web properties, or should you also put them into the 'body' of the page to improve search ranking? 

I appreciate you cant tell me how to get top ranking and there is more to it than just key words, but I had somebody (a friend of a friend in SEO) look at my webpage online and I was told that no key words appeared on my homepage? Strange bearing in mind I have entered key words in the web-properties box, now I'm not sure that box even does anything!

If it is necessary to also enter key words into the html 'body' under web-properties, do you simply list key words each separated by a comma, or can you write entire phrases in the body at well?.. Image attached. Thank you. 

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/15/2015, 12:00 PM

Hi,

I suggest that you sign up and search the Talkgraphic forum (Xara) where you will find many discussions and help about Xara web designer and SEO. Searching for SEO won't work; I used "search" as the search term.

Here is 1 thread about Google search, another about SEO, and another, and another, and another.

Last changed by browj2 on 11/15/2015, 12:00 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos