MERGING 2 VIDEO PROJECTS

glmagix wrote on 7/26/2011, 2:27 AM

I have started 2 video projects and created 2 MVY* files.
I know want to merge the two projects in just one project.
After opening one of the projects, using the "Insert Video" function, I have tried unsuccessfully to import the second project.

I am sure merging two projects can be done. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 7/26/2011, 11:20 AM

In this software (VideoEasy) I do not know a way. I would have to guess you would need to export or "Finish" one of the videos (the one you want to be viewed last) then you can import it to the first project as a video.

In the Movie Edit Pro software you can do this, but they do not show on the same time-line, but could be opened (each edited independently) and burned where each was a individual chapter.

glmagix wrote on 7/26/2011, 12:31 PM

Thanks for your answer. I already did exactly what you said: exported one of the video in MPEG2 then importing it as a video in the other project.

Drawbacks are: 1) the imported video is just one file and cannot be further processed unless you break it down by scene again (very time consuming); 2) the resulting quality of the MPEG2 part of the movie is lower.

john-auvil wrote on 7/27/2011, 9:42 AM

You might think about getting Movie Edit Pro.

In Movie Edit Pro you can load multiple projects... it works this way:

You have your first project open, and if you load a second project (without closing the first) then it add it to a list where you can switch between them (so you can continue to edit the material). When you get ready to burn the material to DVD or Blu-ray it will set each project to a chapter in the burn menu.

Now, as for what you processed having lower quality. MPEG-2 is the DVD quality. If I were to do the project you have, I would have exported the video in AVI at the exact ratio that the original content was loaded. Meaning if the videos in the project where 1440x1080, the export for my AVI file would be the same.

AVI is a higher quality file than MPEG-2, it is also much larger, but will have a better resolution then what you have with MPEG-2. Any time you convert. change, or render a video, you lose some quality.

Video Easy was not meant to be that in depth of a editor. It was made for simply taking video from the camera, adding text. photos, music, and burning to disc. The Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus gives you great editing capabilities and if you are really advantageous or semi professional, they have a Video Pro X software.