MEP14 & 15+ Crashes when importing HDV from Sony HVR HD1000E

Dilbert wrote on 8/4/2009, 1:19 PM
Like a recent previous posting; I have unfortunately the very same problem with MEP14 & 15+, I have a new Sony HVR HD1000E and I am able to unload about 10mb before it crashes.

I am able to unload using the same camera & firewire connection using Windows Moviemaker and Sony Vegas 9 without a problem but I want to use MEP15+ and its really frustrating.

If you email Magix they send you a test file, I have completed this and sent it back so am now waiting to see what happens.

My system specs:
Vista HP
Quad core Intel processors Q6600 2.40ghz
4gb Ram
2x 250mb dedicated video cards Nvidia (GEforce 8600GS)
multiple HDD 500gb / 300gb / 250gb

The error message says not enough resource or memory - if this is not enough then I guess Magix MEP15+ will only run on something that NASA use!

I do like MEP and hopefully Magix will resolve this before I scrub it off and go elsewhere..... Are you reading Magix support people???

Comments

Dilbert wrote on 8/12/2009, 1:12 AM
I am pleased to say that this has now been resolved using the Magix support team and their syscheck tool. It identified that although my system spec was more than sufficient, various drivers needed update. Once done MEP15+ is now working  properly.

Well done Magix support! I can now get on with my editing