MEP 15: no simple crossfade or dissolve transition?

lingyai wrote on 10/23/2009, 4:27 AM
I just downloaded the trial of MEP 15. So far, pretty good, except for the transitions. I am trying to do a very simple, smooth  crossfade

-- A to B

But what I am getting, when I right-click on the fade icon (the orange and white "AB" icon) and choose crossfade, is

-- black to A to B. 

The same happens if I choose Cut (no transition) and drag the start of clip B so that it overlaps with the end of clip a.

In other words, the transition starts with a sudden blackness -- not a fade at all, more like a bump. It is very abrupt and noticeable.

Is there anyway to solve this?

I have tried the fade through black transition, but this is not the same as a simple, smooth crossfade

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/27/2009, 11:42 AM
Hi,

Doesn't seem to happen here. When I overlap two object to get the crossfade, I get a proper crossfade. Maybe this is just a preview problem. Does it still look like this if you export the arrangement via the "File" menu into a video file and then play back that file externally? Try experimenting with the video mode setting in the program to see whether the display is functional in a different mode. In order to do this, please open the program, go into the program settings (e.g. by pressing "Y" on the keyboard), switch to the "Display options" tab and find the "playback in arranger/video mode" section. Experiment with the different video modes available in the drop-down list and check whether your preview monitor displays the project correctly now. There are several alternatives to the default mode.

Good luck!