menu screen is black

CliffP wrote on 8/26/2012, 6:52 AM

My menu screen suddenly went black when I added another slideshow chapter.  I can see my photo when I go to  "background image" and I can click on the screen and start the slideshow.  I cannot un-check the box for "background image".  I have spent hours creating this wedding slideshow and now the menu screen is black!  How can I correct this?

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 8/30/2012, 12:10 PM

Hi,

You know, your description of the problem you are having is kind of vague.  It may be clear to you because you are close to the project.  However, I produce videos and slide shows for a living, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what you mean.  I know it is frustrating especially if you are working on a wedding project to have things go wrong but you really need to be a little more clear about what is actually happening.

So to start, how many images are you using in your slide show? What are your system specs RAM, CPU, OS and version, etc.  When you say "when I added another slideshow chapter"  what exactly did you mean by that.  Did you try to drag in another slide show, or did you just create a new chapter and how did you create that chapter?  This information is very important if you want an answer that will help.

Calm down, think through exactly what you want to ask and if possible even provide some screen shots as examples of what you see on the screen.

We are all here to help, but without enough information, any one of us would only be guessing at answers which will not get you a fast resolution to the challenges you are experiencing.

Good Luck

George

CliffP wrote on 8/30/2012, 1:12 PM

Sorry if I was vague George and thanks for your reply.  After trying numerous attempts i resolved the problem.  Once in the "BURN" screen it appears that you must click on a chapter in the list at the right to display the images on the "menu" screen on the left.  I don't use this program too often but I thought it displayed on the menu screen automatically when you enter the burn mode.  This slide show consisted of 4 chapters, each with approximately 125 photos, with fades and effects added for each plus music.  Total slide show duration is 52 minutes.  As a result of this size, this program crashed over 30 times, loosing portions of the show.  Probably took me 40 hours to complete it.  ALso it took 8 hours to burn the first DVD.  Any way to expedite the burn and prevent the crashes?

Thanks again George.

Cliff

gandjcarr wrote on 8/30/2012, 1:30 PM

Hi Cliff,

I find your comment about 30 crashes very very disturbing.  I do not work for Magix, or any other software company, but in my experience, the Magix products are the most stable I have ever used.  I own or have tried virtually everything on the market in the under $500 price range and a few in the over $1000 price range, and have not found a more stable and reliable application. 

I would really like to know your system specs so that I may give you some ideas at how to avoid this sort or problem in the future.

Good Luck

CliffP wrote on 8/31/2012, 5:58 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 530, George.  Any help to prevent crashes and speed up burning to DVD would be appreciated.

Cliff