Melodyne Beatmap import into ACID Pro Beatmapper

JoeSample wrote on 4/13/2020, 12:59 AM

Any plans to enable importing Melodyne tempo map midi file into the ACID Pro Beatmapper as beatmap markers for a track? Even if there was a tool to grab this data from the Melodyne tempo map .mid file and could write it into a track's .sft file, apparently the Beatmap marker details are all in the sft's.

Melodyne has awesome beat detection for tracks with changing tempo and can export this into a tempo map midi file.

I understand that this tempo map can be imported into ACID Pro and if I open it as a midi track, it will place tempo change markers into my tracklist windows for the entire project. That is awesome for a certain scenario, when someone wants to extract the tempo map from a song and use it as a reference to other tracks.

However what I am asking is to do this for individual tracks or clips, as a substitute to the manual Beatmapper process. Melodyne's automatic downbeat and tempo change detection (even signature detection) is far more superior, and, emphasizing again - automated, as opposed to the Beatmapper process that requires lot of extra work which is cumbersome when beatmapping a large number of files, especially with changing tempo that needs manual beatmap marker insertions.

Could this come in an update so we don't need to wait until next version? Or a quick tempo map midi to SFK conversion tool? Please?

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...