Media manager replacement?

kinvermark wrote on 4/30/2018, 11:03 AM

In discussions on the Vegas Pro forum it appears that Media manager is likely not functional on many Windows systems as has become a "deprecated" feature. I believe this applies to ACID Pro as well.

So, an open question for the ACID Pro team: do you have a replacement in the works? Searching my library of 40,000 loops by hand is a little tiresome. 😀

Comments

Grazie wrote on 5/1/2018, 3:29 PM

@kinvermark - Yes. 😕

kinvermark wrote on 5/1/2018, 3:54 PM

Yes, as in you have heard confirmation that they are going to replace Media manager in ACID, or Yes it is tiresome to search by hand? :)

Grazie wrote on 5/1/2018, 10:58 PM

Yes to having read the “deprecated” comment, and “tiresome” to do a manual (by hand) search.

In this early part of the 21st Century with the massive steps made in IT, Machine Learning and so on, we are scrabbling around for a form of of cross-platform DATABSE, Media Managment is amateur and silly.

The existing Media Manager, with its Relationship engine and quite elegant and complex searching report facility should inspire the MAGIX R&D together it done. Presently I’m successfully employing the FREE FileSearchy Utility. I can’t use it from inside any MAGIX Product, but it has got me outta trouble many times.