Media Manager for ACID Pro 8 - why is a non-functional option in menu?

Dr_Zen wrote on 2/15/2019, 2:39 AM

Hello forum members
I am asking about an application called Media Manager from Sony, which was used to organize large libraries of Loops & Samples and makes it extremely easy to select your music samples for use in an ACID project. There has been much discussion about Sony's Media Manager on the VEGAS Forums, because the application no longer works in Vegas Pro due to multiple reasons.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/magix-acid-pro-8-and-media-manager-error--111282/

I have Sony's Media Manager installed and working 100% OK in ACID Pro 7.
It is not working in ACID Pro 8. Acid reports "The Media Manager is not installed"

Regards
Derek

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/15/2019, 4:38 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, you need to understand these are user-to-user forums, not a communication channel with any part of Magix Support.  Hence, it is highly unlikely that any Magix Developer will see your post, sorry!

However, this question has been raised before. See this page to view the number of posts from other users and read at least some of them!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Dr_Zen wrote on 2/15/2019, 5:40 AM

Hi Jeff

I am an experienced forum member from the official Vegas forums and familiar with forum protocol.

The first thing I did was a search on the Magix.info forum for "Media Manager", but it did not produce any useful results. However, I just clicked your link for the exact same query and the results I see now are completely different to what I saw hours ago. Looks like some type of glitch or X-file has occurred on the forum, when I did a search earlier on today and I got shown a page of red herrings instead of useful information.

Long story short, I have now found a precise answer to my question.
Sony's Media Manager will activate if you use the 32 bit version of Acid Pro 8.

I do also realise that these forums are normally for user to user interaction! I'm not a newbie.
It was only because of the strange search results I got hours ago, that I decided to ask what I did.
I decided to post my message here, just in case I fluked someone important from Magix. On the VEGAS forums, the developers often read user messages and reply with useful information.

I'm glad to finally find the answer here and can now report back on the Vegas forums and make a lot of people happy. I will edit my original message above right now and remove the unneeded info/questions.

Cheers :)

emmrecs wrote on 2/15/2019, 6:54 AM

Hi, thanks for the update.

I had no means of knowing you are a regular member of the Vegas forums; those and the magix.info forums are entirely separate although "belonging" to the same company. Hence, your posting count here showed the above was your "first post" and so, my welcome!

I have no idea why the search you did revealed no results but I'm glad you now have an answer to your question.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Gordon-Bentley wrote on 2/27/2020, 2:34 AM

I'm also looking for Media Manager, but don't have a copy of ACID Pro 8 laying around. Is there any way to get it working in ACID Pro 10? The menu item is still there, but of course it's not installed? I also have "Next" v9 if it helps, doesn't seem to be in that package either. What fun!!

I realise this is not MAGIX support, so thanks for any information you might have to share.

Gordon

Gordon-Bentley wrote on 2/27/2020, 3:30 AM

For anyone who follows this trail.

I found the installer online and installed it on the notebook running "Next". Several messages regarding SQL Server version incompatibility on Windows 10 ,which I ignored, later, it completed and seemed to run it's SQL setup scripts without any problems. Looks promising, that was easy!

However, no joy. Same message, same no media manager, same .....

I should have known better. I was in IT for 35 years and had lots of fun with SQLServer versions and Windows versions. I've worked diligently to forget this part of my life, but it all came flooding back.

It may be possible to get it to use a newer version of SQLServer, if anyone can be bothered. It may work if you reinstall ACID. It might need both,......

I'm over it and will just keep things (reasonably) organised.

Gordon

kinvermark wrote on 2/27/2020, 6:21 PM

Looks like ACID Pro 10 is only available as 64 bit program now. I need media manager, so I guess I am stuck on ACID Pro 8, 32 bit version for foreseeable future.

It would be nice if mods or devs could comment on the likelihood of an update to MM.

toddbooster wrote on 2/28/2020, 8:36 AM

Looks like ACID Pro 10 is only available as 64 bit program now.

And yet, it's still there! What is this pesky thing that can neither be made to work in a 64 bit environment, nor ever be removed from the software?