Make Acid Pro 8 support more than one video on the video track.

Sound_James wrote on 1/27/2018, 8:05 PM

I read on the Magix facebook page, that Acid Pro 8 is going to be released in the spring of 2018.

In the past I did give Acid Pro 7 a try, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the features it had to offer.

However, the downside of Acid Pro 7 is that it supports only one video clip on the video track.

And that does not make it ideal for film scoring.

Will Acid Pro 8 support multiple video clips on the video track ?

With support for the video codecs: Quicktime MOV, AVI, H.264, MPEG-4, etc, etc,...

Comments

olivier-girardot wrote on 5/24/2018, 5:07 AM

I totally agree with you.

But I just installed acid Pro 8, and apparently it is not possible to add a single video track... I am very disappointed right now.

kinvermark wrote on 5/24/2018, 12:10 PM

But I just installed acid Pro 8, and apparently it is not possible to add a single video track... I am very disappointed right now.

????? Works here. Just drag the video file into the project. FYI, it must be a supported format.

Re: Multiple clips. Does that make sense? You can't render the video out anyway, so the workflow should be NLE - low res proxy video into ACID - score & render sound file - take sound file back into NLE - finish movie.

olivier-girardot wrote on 5/24/2018, 12:59 PM

Ok, it was indeed a problem of supported format. I thought mp4 was standard enough to be supported by most programs, especially because acid pro 7 could support mp4.

Apparently acid pro 8 only supports .wmv formats, which is better than nothing. And you can export videos from Acid pro 8 with that same format.

To answer the initial question: no. You can only insert one video track, and you can not manipulate it in any way. Just like in Acid Pro 7. That's too bad.

kinvermark wrote on 5/24/2018, 1:34 PM

...and various types of AVI file.

olivier-girardot wrote on 5/24/2018, 1:37 PM

Good to know ! So basically like Acid Pro 7. Well overall, it's a relief.

Thank you for your help sorting this out :)

sheppo wrote on 5/24/2018, 2:15 PM

You might find Magix Vegas is better suited to you. Overall editing in Vegas is very similar to Acid, with the main difference that Vegas doesn't really understand loops and has no concept of BPM - at least not one that's useful. But practically everything else is works the same as Acid.

shintobi wrote on 5/29/2018, 4:43 AM

Hello,

AP8 will only support one video track with .wmv or .avi format. As mentioned by @sheppo I would suggest using MAGIX Vegas when you want to do some serious video editing.

Best Regards,

\Tobi

robg wrote on 6/20/2018, 4:17 PM

I don't believe this post is about video editing. You can't really use Vegas to score using MIDI, which is what the author wanted to do, in my understanding. I too find it a little disappointing that mp4 was supported previously, but now isn't. Hopefully this will become supported again, alongside other common video formats, in the near future.

kinvermark wrote on 6/21/2018, 5:58 PM

The OP mentioned film scoring, which to me implies video editing by someone at some level; although not necessarily the same person as the one doing the music score.

I find it difficult to imagine the usefulness of multiple clips in the ACID timeline; you can combine them in an NLE and render out a low res version for scoring in ACID (that is currently what I do.)

What I would like to see is a more "agile" approach where ACID & VEGAS are closely integrated such that ACID could read VEGAS project files (like nested files in VEGAS) so that any changes to the video timeline in VEGAS automatically propagate to ACID WITHOUT RE-RENDERING.