Magix won't play in standard DVD player...

soundwaver wrote on 4/16/2016, 2:13 PM

Purchased Magix "Rescue your Video Tapes Ver. 7"  Hooked up the Video player and recorded my videos onto the computer.  When I go to make a dvd for a standard dvd player, the disk isn't recognized.  I am using Windows Ver. 7 and I am using Sony DVD+R disks, I have also tried DVD-R disks.  Can anyone help me?  Is the video being saved in the wrong format or is there a special "Prefrences or Properties" setting that I did not set right. Once on the disk the movie will play on the computer by running the Magix program but not on a regular DVD player.

Thanks Much

Roy

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/16/2016, 2:36 PM

Hi

. . . . When I go to make a dvd for a standard dvd player. . . . .

How?  Please detail the steps you take to create the DVD incclude the options that you select.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/16/2016, 2:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

soundwaver wrote on 4/16/2016, 3:31 PM

John,

The steps I take to convert my video to dvd are:

1. Select the file to convert to dvd at the magix welcome screen. The video has already been played and loaded into a file on the computer, so at the welcome screen the file already has a visible icon.

2. I go to file menu in the upper left corner and choose "Burn Project (DVD) again...".

3. The browse for folder window pops up and I choose the associated file to burn to disc.

4. After I choose the file to burn a second window pops up- "Select folder for cd/dvd image". It is a blank box and it is asking me to search the file directory for the proper file. I click on "Select Other Folders". The same window as in step 2 pops up and I click on the exact same folders.

5. Now I am at the Speed Burn R Compile screen. The screen is split- On the left is the file browser, on the right is my burn list with the file I want to burn. I click continue.

6. The next screen is a sub-screen of the speed burn r screen. This contains, settings, number of copies, write status, burn option, advanced options... the parameters of these choices seem correct so I do not alter any of the configurations- I click start burn.

Once the disk is done it is not recognized in any of my DVD players (I have two recent ones); yet, when I pop the disk in my computer it will play as a file associated with Magix Rescue. Like it is just playing a "file" saved on a disk.  Any help???

Thanks for your time,

Roy

johnebaker wrote on 4/16/2016, 6:46 PM

Hi

1.   Select the file to convert to dvd at the magix welcome screen. The video has already been played and loaded into a file on the computer, so at the welcome screen the file already has a visible icon.

2.  I go to file menu in the upper left corner and choose "Burn Project (DVD) again..."

Assuming by 'file to convert' you mean the captured video file then the procedure for burning to DVD you are using is just burning the file to disc - this does not create a DVD disc with menu which can be played in a player.

To create a DVD follow this procedure:

1. The captured video file must be loaded into RYVT so it appears on the projects timeline, from there you do any editing, titling etc  required. 

2. To burn to disc you then select the Finish Movie button, select DVD.

3. This will take you to the Design disc menu dialog where you can select and apply one of the preset menu templates.

4. The Burn dialog will open - select the burner and click the Encoder settings button - here select the type of disc you want, ensure the Anti-flicker filter is on and leave all the other settings alone.

5. Click the Start burn process

You should now end up with a playable DVD disc.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/16/2016, 6:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.