Magix - Vita - File Not Found

Adey2608 wrote on 6/10/2022, 6:29 AM

I have an issue whereby, when I load a track that has previously been able to use an instrument, such as 'Vita-Grand Piano', I now get an error message telling that 'Vita Grand Piano is not activated', and a search window appears telling me 'File Not Found'., but when I try to search for my instrument, I get nowhere and cannot fin the the instrument file.

Please can someone in the community shed some light on this for me??

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/10/2022, 7:01 AM

@Adey2608 This problem can occur if you upgraded to a new Samplitude version and uninstalled the previous version which came with Vita Grand Piano. The license is bound to the old version of Samplitude, if no old version is found you need to install it again.

Alternatively you can uninstall Vita Grand Piano (to do this, uninstall Magix Content and Soundpools from Windows Apps and Features and select Vita Grand Piano), then install Music Maker and get the Vita Grand Piano instrument in the shop, download an install it. If you use a current version of Samplitude or Samplitude Music Studio with the same user account as your Music Maker account, the instrument will then work again. In Music Maker, you can also enter Samplitude Music Studio serial numbers which will unlock included Vita Instruments in the Music Maker shop. You can then download them for free.

adey wrote on 6/11/2022, 8:30 AM

H, Thank for your reply, much appreciated.

I originally had Magix Samplitude Music Studio , and then upgraded to Samplitude Studio X6 64-bit. Again, I was previously able to use the 'Vita Grand Piano' in both versions., but not when I try to open my song session. All I get is this error message, 'Vita Grand Piano is not activated', and 'File Not Found'., and asking me if I wish to either 'Ignore All / Ignore'; 'Abort Loading'; 'Retry'; 'Auto Find' (which does nothing?!'., or 'Find', which also does nothing!

Why cant I find this .wav file, when I used to have it installed?? Where has the file gone?, and if it is still on my system, where is it located and why cant I re-activate or re-use it??

This is very frustrating to say the least!

Regards,

Adey2608

SP. wrote on 6/11/2022, 8:59 AM

@adey The file, or better let's call it the audio sample, isn't gone. It is encrypted inside an Independence ytif-file because Vita Instruments are Independence sampler instruments.

If you load the instrument, it will check for a valid license. If you have uninstalled Music Studio you also uninstalled the license. Sometimes the license is only valid inside Music Studio and not inside Samplitude Pro X. Sometimes the license is only valid for a single version of Music Studio or Samplitude and doesn't work in the next version. If no valid license is found the copy protection will not allow the instrument to look inside the ytif-file and load the sample. The instrument will then ask where the file is located.

Usually you can reactivate the instrument by reinstalling and activating Music Studio. I also believe it is necessary to load the Vita Instrument inside Music Studio at least once. If this doesn't work, you need to do it via the Music Maker store as described above. If you have registered the instruments to your Music Maker account they should work fine in current versions of both Music Studio and Pro X (of course, with the same customer account).

adey wrote on 6/11/2022, 10:40 AM

Hi, thank you again for your reply.

I did as you suggested and updated the instruments from within the version of Music Maker (64-bit) that I have, and I can use the Vita-Grand Piano from within Music Maker, no problem there at all. But I still get the error messages in both editions of Samplitude though.., very frustrating, as all i want to do is work on my music..., but I will persevere.,

Thanks again.,

SP. wrote on 6/11/2022, 11:42 AM

@adey Have you uninstalled Vita Grand Piano and then redownloaded it from the Music Maker shop and reinstalled it and then rescanned the VSTs in Samplitude? There should be a message in Samplitude saying "Waiting for shop" during the time the program checks instruments that are registered to your account.

adey wrote on 6/11/2022, 4:55 PM

Hi, no, there is no message like that, and I still haven't gotten very far with this in spite of trying to sort this out all day today., :( ., and now, after having uninstalled my versions of Music Maker and Samplitude, and re-installed my versions., I am in an even worse situation now., whereby even more of my previously purchased instruments and plug-ins and effects are not loading either.., in spite of my having the serial numbers and order numbers to hand!

MAGIX certainly don't make things easy for their users when it comes repairing and reinstalling things do they?

and so now i can't work on anything and I just don't know how to sort this mess out.

Why can't MAGIX list ALL of the users previously purchased instruments, plug-ins and effects within the users online magix profile?? They're good enough to list the Samplitude Licences within your profile, why cant they list ALL of your previously purchased software?? God only know i have spent more than enough money buying their software over the years., and now I am well and truly stuck.., No Thanks to Magix and their licenses and their lack of support and advice in not being able to re-activate what you have have already purchased!

Very Fed Up Now, and Well and Truly Stuck!!

Thanks anyway for trying to help earlier., ;)

SP. wrote on 6/11/2022, 5:38 PM

@adey I have no idea what you are doing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Music Maker and Samplitude is not necessary. This was never suggested. You can reset the program settings in Music Maker under the File > Settings menu, in Music Studio under the Help menu and in Samplitude Pro X by importing the standard settings in the System Settings. Its possible you broke the current settings by uninstalling and reinstalling.

adey wrote on 6/11/2022, 6:39 PM

thanks for your reply. I have had issues similar to this before, and in cases whereby the program in use has kept freezing in places or crashes in places, (thanks or no thanks to Windows updates and other OS issues..)., and whereby a repair has not been able to sort the problem out, a re-installation is sometimes the only other option available, and to be fair., it has usually worked well., but on this occasion, the problems just kept re-appearing and so that left me the only option and that was to reinstall, which I have done. I do not expect you to agree, and your assistance hadn't really helped me to directly address the problems that I was facing. Anyways, I have managed to resolve a lot of the issues myself that I had earlier today, and I do now have the Vita-Grand Piano back at long last., :) But I just wish that MAGIX could just sometime soon re-address their re-activation and re-installing the user license issues to just make it easier for the user to repair their DAWS themselves in a more reliable and controlled fashion., simply by allowing the user to view ALL of their software, plug-ins and instrument licenses from within their own secure online Magix Profile., which would really help., a lot!

Thanks again :)

Tim-McAlpine wrote on 8/27/2022, 5:04 AM

yes i am having similar issues and experiences Thinking about making some changes Steinberg I think :)