Magix Video Saver no image in the program

SimonSad wrote on 9/16/2023, 6:44 AM

Hello. I purchased the Magix Video Saver kit. I installed it from the disc according to the instructions and activated it. However, I have a problem because there is no image or sound in the program. I have given permissions to the camera and microphone. I tried to install drivers recommended in other threads, but I get an error. What else can I do?

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/16/2023, 7:29 AM

@SimonSad Is your USB converter selectable in the recording settings?

I'm under the impression that Magix bundles different converters with the product, depending on what they can get because of the chip shortage.

It would be helpful if you can upload a screenshot of the error message, your recording settings and a photo of the converter. You can use the blue arrow icon above the response text box to upload images to this forum.

There might be drivers on the disc or drivers from here: https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/installation-procedure-magix-video-converter--710/ or the device will install it's own driver automatically. It depends on the converter itself.

SimonSad wrote on 9/16/2023, 7:33 AM

You can choose from a camera built into the laptop and a USB converter. The error indicates that the device is not connected or does not recognize the device.

SP. wrote on 9/16/2023, 7:52 AM

@SimonSad Screenshots?

SimonSad wrote on 9/16/2023, 8:08 AM

@SP.

https://static.bax-shop.es/image/product/1059255/4085097/c20aa478/16754218572.jpg

SP. wrote on 9/16/2023, 8:20 AM

@SimonSad Thank you. Is this the driver setup on the disc?

SimonSad wrote on 9/16/2023, 8:22 AM

@SP.

The photo comes from an attempt to install additional drivers from the link https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/installation-procedure-magix-video-converter--710/

SP. wrote on 9/16/2023, 8:30 AM

@SimonSad Ok, it seems like you have exactly the same problem like this French user. We weren't able to get it working.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/problme-pour-faire-fonctionner--1329046/?page=2#ca1888795

I would guess, the device you have simply works by plugging it into the computer because there were no additional drivers on the disc. So I guess that it will work without additional drivers.

Could you please check the Windows security settings for microphone and video again? There is an additional switch to enable desktop apps.

SimonSad wrote on 9/16/2023, 8:33 AM

@SP. The device has access to the camera and microphone. In the settings, when I run the program, I can see how it accesses them by the date and time of access.

SP. wrote on 9/16/2023, 8:41 AM

@SimonSad And you have activated BOTH the microphone/video access and the access for desktop apps?

SimonSad wrote on 9/16/2023, 8:44 AM

@SP. Yes.

SP. wrote on 9/16/2023, 2:08 PM

@SimonSad Okay, then I can't do much more to help you.

Please contact technical support. Click on the SUPPORT link at the top of this page and select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on 'Contact Support'. Then create your support ticket.

SimonSad wrote on 9/17/2023, 2:04 AM

@SP.

Thank you very much for your time.

I managed to make it work! I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, but downloaded the installer from the Magix website. Now the important issue. I have a Panasonic NV-HS 950 VCR, it has two SCART outputs on the back, you need to connect it to the one above and it starts working. There are only slight distortions and black freeze frames, but this can be eliminated by purchasing a better quality S-Video cable.

SP. wrote on 9/17/2023, 4:56 AM

@SimonSad That's very interesting. A new installation via the installer from the website was enough to get it working?

Yeah, black frames might be caused by a insufficient connection.

SimonSad wrote on 9/17/2023, 5:12 AM

@SP.

Yes. I also plugged into another output on the VCR. I will also buy a better video cable, because currently it is not very satisfactory when connected to the scart. I'll let you know if it improves the image by getting rid of the black freeze frames.