Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 5/9/2013, 4:53 AM

Hi,

If you reformat every 6 months, the DVD may help but where you are going to have a problem is when you go to reactivate the application.  I think you are only allowed 2 or 3 reactivations before you have to re-purchase.  This will likely be true for most software that requires activation.  Have you been doing this for a long time?  If you have I am surprised that you have not had problems with your Microsoft operating system activation, I am pretty sure microsoft only lets reactivate once.  Are you actually completely reformatting your hard drive every 6 months?  If so, would you mind telling me why?

George

mringler wrote on 5/9/2013, 7:54 PM

I am a gamer so I like my machine tweaked and running at its best. After time the registry will get bloated. Also you will get driver conflicts. So I have My c:drive save on a image file with all updates on it. I reinstall my image and update drivers and am good to go. Doing a image drive does not count as a reinstall for activation with Microsoft.. I wish I knew about the limitations of this software or I would have not bought it or will I recommend it. I guess next image reinstall I could have this software installed then bachup my c:drive with a new image. Some of us gamers are just fanatical about our operating system at its best.

gandjcarr wrote on 5/10/2013, 4:26 AM

Hi,

Now I understand.  Not being a competitive gamer, I had not thought of the importance of having a virtually clean system.  So, if you have no problem restoring from an image, I doubt that you would have problems with Photo Story.  The limit of 3 re-registrations is really a limit for people who have a system crash with no back up and need to completely re-install the application.  Microsoft used to allow 1 re-installation for people with no system image as back up but I think with Windows 8 they don't even allow 1 anymore. 

I see no reason why when you restore from a saved image that you would have a problem with PhotoStory because the image should already have the serial number or activation key installed on the image.

George

johnebaker wrote on 5/12/2013, 10:30 AM

Hi

Your imaging process is similar to mine - once you have registered the software and the created a clean base image of your system drive, then you should not be bothered by having to re-register the software after installing the clean image.

The only problem you ma have is if you change too many components at the same time and re-istall the clean image - but then Windows will also complain and want re-registering / activating - if this happens then you will find that Magix is very generous with three activations without hassle.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/12/2013, 10:30 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mringler wrote on 5/16/2013, 8:30 AM

Thanks all for your replies.