Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2021, 5:18 AM

@Alan-Gray

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First, I have changed the Magix product you selected from Page and Layout Designer to Photo Manager since that is what you are asking about.

Having not previously experienced what you describe, I opened my copy of Photo Manager Deluxe, opened a picture full screen and saw what you are seeing. However, the trigger for this flicking is the user moving the mouse even the smallest amount! This is a "feature" of Windows OS which, as far as I know, cannot be "turned off". It is not something controlled in any way by Photo Manager, sorry! (Just to explain a little more: when you make any movement of the mouse, the OS automatically makes an assumption that you want to, in some way, change what is displayed on screen, e.g., you want to view a different image. In this case, the only way to access a different image is to close the existing one, which requires the menu bar etc., what you term the info bar.)

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/6/2021, 5:21 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Alan-Gray wrote on 11/6/2021, 5:36 AM

Looks as if i will have to get used to it???

looking for a Program to replace Picasa3 which I have found ticks all my requirements. Magix seems to do that ?

only downloaded yesterday so a way to go. Seems to be only program with photos done alphabetically!

a lot of mine are scanned images from old holidays. Went off "perfect" photos when digital came in.

photos now an Aid Memoire !!!!

i think this program might get me interested again but getting to an age when Getting used to complicated new programs is a bind. Need simple Ha Ha!

Alan

Alan-Gray wrote on 11/6/2021, 5:39 AM

Any tips?

alan

johnebaker wrote on 11/6/2021, 6:20 AM

@Alan-Gray

Hi

. . . . Seems to be only program with photos done alphabetically! . . . .

I would suggest you read through the Help screens - the program can organise photos in more ways than just alphabetically, there are many options for how they are ordered eg name, Type, Creation date etc.

There are also different 'views' available in the left pane eg

• Calendar view shows by year/month/date
  • Category view will show them by category once you have assigned images to categories
  • Album view shows them by album once you have created them

Important note: Most functions in the program are non-destructive, however image editing can be - ensure you use the File save as option before closing or exiting the image editor. If you exit the image editor before saving, the original file may be overwritten.

Added: you can stop the flicking between full screen and with/without toolbars by turning on the option View, Toolbars always visible in the image editor.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/6/2021, 6:28 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.