Magix PC Check & Tuning 2019 Has Disabled Needed PC Functions

gbt20317 wrote on 5/7/2019, 12:06 AM

I've been using Magix PC Check & Tuning 2019 since March 2019. My issue is it has removed all of the icons from my System Tray except itself and the Add/Remove Hardware icon. I've found no option to undo this within the software nor does there seem to be an option that relates to it's removal (that I've noticed). It also stopped my PC from going to sleep. These two things may cause me to not use this software. I just did a small recovery (from a backup prior to Magix PC Check & Tuning 2019) of some OS files and just tested the PC and it did go to sleep but my System Tray icons are still missing. I don't want to do full re-install just because of this program. I do want to continue using it but I need my System Tray icons available. And no, it's not a Windows 10 setting that's set incorrect. I've contacted Magix Support but they've provided no help, acknowledge receipt of my support ticket but haven't responded since then with any contact. Any suggestions from anyone who has an idea of how to undo this or where in the program I this option of is affected.

Comments

russelldean wrote on 6/11/2019, 10:05 AM

Could be it has disabled your Windows Quick Launch Toolbar. This might help: https://tweaks.com/windows/39425/restore-quick-launch-toolbar/

I just got PC Check 2020 day before yesterday and yesterday I removed it completely for just such reasons.

Last changed by russelldean on 6/11/2019, 10:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

www.musicalhelp.org

Machine Specs: HP G6, AMD A6 2.2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, 500 Gb HD, AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, Windows 10 version 1803, RealTec Audio, DTS Studio Sound