Magix Network Sync and Magix PhotoStory Deluxe update

Firefaxx wrote on 1/1/2018, 11:34 AM

I purchased the PhotoStory Deluxe from the latest Humble Bundle deal...something I really regret right now!
The updateprogram in PhotoStory Deluxe is one of the worst I ever come across, it's pathetically badly written!
I choose the option to update it when the program closes.
I close PhotoStory and all other programs and even my firewall.
Update starts, then it stops at step 2: File in Use! and it request me to stop the Magix Network Sync.
What is that? Why is it running and where and what is it?
No info whatsoever are provided from Magix what this program is and how to stop it and the only options are Retry, Ignore and Cancel.
Retry dont help, it just get stucked on the alertwindow, and Cancel just quits the update program.
And since the totally abscense of helpful information from Magix I dont want to choose Ignore.
So I finally choose Cancel and nothing gets update!
The support system at Magix is a totally mess to navigate so I hope I could get some help here!
What to do?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/1/2018, 2:09 PM

Hi

. . . . to stop the Magix Network Sync. What is that? Why is it running and where and what is it? . . . .

It is located in the system tray bottom right of the Windows desktop provides WiFi transfer to from Camera MX (Android app for mobile phones) and the importing from the Cloud.

Right click the system tray icon, see indicated in inset in image above and select Close.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Firefaxx wrote on 1/1/2018, 2:45 PM

Hi, thank you for replying.
I found the icon in the system tray!
But the app (well, I guess I could expect it) is in German!
How hard can it be for Magix to update and localize their software all over?
Some parts in the program are still in german, like Cloud Import, and even if the language is set to English, the program dont care and continue to display it in German...sigh what bad programmers Magix uses!
Maybe they should provide a German dictionary to their software...I'm dissapointed!

When it comes to userfriendlness Magix are the worst so far in my opinion.
Where is the info about this Network Sync on the webpage?
How did you found out this?

Best,
Firefaxx

johnebaker wrote on 1/1/2018, 3:28 PM

Hi

. . . . When it comes to userfriendlness Magix are the worst so far in my opinion. . . . .

IMHO it is a lot more user friendly then some other Video editing programs I have used - including high end applications, however, as with any other software, there is an initial learning process that must be gone through to gain the familiarisation is needed.

. . . . Where is the info about this Network Sync on the webpage? . . .
How did you found out this? . . . .

Knowledge gained from long term working with computers and a large variety of software, Google, and using the Search function in the forum.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Firefaxx wrote on 1/1/2018, 4:05 PM

I agree there is programs that is in need of better and more friendly interfaces!
At least they are totally localized and not bilingual at places like PhotoStory Deluxe is!
But as I told you before, this crucial information that prevent an update should be on the supportpage, easy accesible!
Before accessing the forum I googled and finally made a supportrequest about this.
And I really expect a very good explanation about this!
When I purchase a software I expect it to update correct!
To hunt for the answer on the forum or google is not what I pay the softwarepublishers for!

I'm glad you are here on the forum providing information!
Very helpful!

Best,
Firefaxx