Magix Music Maker 12 xxl - Vista compatibility

neildr wrote on 9/16/2008, 11:04 AM
I have recently purchased a Dell XPS with 4GB RAM and Audigy SB XFI Sound Card with Windows Vista. I used to run version 12 xxl on Windows XP on my old computer. I tried to install and towards the end of the install it appears to freeze. It was doing a full install. Is it a case that version 12 is not compatible with Windows Vista? Do I need to perhaps get a patch for Vista?

Thank you.
Neil

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 9/17/2008, 8:24 AM

Hi Neil,

This seems to be an issue for many. If you go back through the previous questions (do a search) there are many things to try. Some have had success. I've heard there is even an "unlock code" from Magix AG. Something about Vista not reading the copyright program but you must contact Magix support for that.

Justin

Singey wrote on 7/2/2009, 10:22 PM
Oh wow - this is exactly my problem - have just bought a beautiful brand new Dell with 3 gig of Ram and cannot get Magix V12 to run. As soon as I open it it crashes every time.

I have recently bought MM15 but I hate it - it misses a lot of functions I use to use with MM12 so I want to go back to MM12, have uninstalled MM15 but cannot get MM12 to run.

Has anyone managed to solve this problem?