Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 - Update Problem

GordyB wrote on 9/16/2009, 6:35 PM
I have just installed the program Magix Movie Edit Pro, which installed ok. I tried to update the program via the online update process. It will download the update file ok, but when it tries to update the following error message is displayed.

"Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 could not be found on your system! Please install Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus from the original CD."

The file it downloades is: movie_edit_pro_15_plus_8.6.1.0_uk.exe

Any help on this.

RAM:6 Gig.
Intel i7-975 Processor.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/17/2009, 3:19 AM
Hi,

Maybe the auto-updater is downloading the incorrect version of the patch. Try locating and installing the correct patch for you version manually from the support website. Also see this recent query and its solution for more info:

http://www.magix.info/uk/cannot-download-update-for-mep15-download-version.knowledge.43747.html

Good luck!

BroBryce2009 wrote on 11/19/2009, 5:53 AM
Are you still using the trial version of the program, and trying to update it?  If so, the update won't work on it.  It's looking for the purchased version, and the trial is installed in a completely different location on your hard drive.

It should be noted that, at least in my experience with MEP14+, it is possible to have purchased the program, and it still says "TRIAL" in the title.  This is a quirky activation issue with the E-Version of 14 Plus.  I'm not sure if it is the same issue with the E-Version of 15+, because I have the boxed version of 15 plus.

In summary, updates don't work on trial versions.

Hope this helps