Magix movie edit pro 14 - Half my avi movies are loading on the preview screen, very laggy program, random "this program is not responding"

Andrew10591 wrote on 2/19/2009, 1:37 PM
I wanted to upgrade from windows movie maker, mainly because the recording quality is capped at 1080i which wasnt good enough quality for the movies im making. Anyways the files are avi about 3.9 gigs a piece, 4 in a set so its around 12 to 15 gigs or so on 1 movie. The problem is half of every segment is missing the last half of that movie in the preview screen. On top of that, the program is extremely laggy and slow, Im surprised for $50 this is WORSE than my stock window movie maker. Can this program not handle avi or something?

Comments

Morbotron wrote on 2/19/2009, 9:21 PM
If the program is "slow and laggy" in preview playback, you should try a different video mode to see if one works better for you with your video card/configuration: click "File" - "Program settings". Under the "Display options" tab, under "Playback in arranger", try all the video modes to see if one works better for you.

As far as the actual AVIs themselves, AVI is just a container format - what codecs are used in the creation of these files? Are the codecs currently installed properly on your system? Are they DV Type 1 or DV Type 2 AVIs? If you don't know, you can use a free program like GSpot to analyze the files:

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

After you have installed it, you can analyze the file(s) in question by either dragging and dropping them on the GSpot desktop icon or by starting up GSpot and using the "Open..." command from the "File" menu. Then let us know!