Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/16/2018, 4:12 AM

Hi.

It is the program which, for some, causes great annoyance because it it "creates" the pop-ups that "remind" you that you really "should upgrade to the latest version", or "really should buy that new add-on" etc., etc..

As I said, and if you look through the forums you will find a number of threads about this, many users have complained about this and the number of pop-ups they see. Personally, I don't find it annoying; my experience is that I see no more than one message per day which I can easily dismiss if I'm not interested in "today's offer".

OTOH, you will also find posts where users have dismissed the message, only to discover they really DO want to take advantage of the coupon code for some purchase and ask others to tell them that code!!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Glen-Muse wrote on 11/16/2018, 7:34 AM

I had the same question and found elsewhere in this forum that uninstalling the Magix app called "connect" should fix it.

Emmrecs, imagine if 5 or 6 of the applications installed on your computer started this practice. Could this invasion of your desktop space then become an annoyance? I find the practice to be absolutely infuriating and an indicator that Magix if a consumer-minded company and not really qualified to work with professionals. The email notifications from Magix satisfy my interest in being informed of special offers.

emmrecs wrote on 11/16/2018, 10:45 AM

@Glen-Muse

I take your point but I actually have eight different Magix programs installed, plus Connect, and never receive more than one pop-up per day. Often I don't see any for several days!

I also respectfully have to disagree that Magix is not a company "qualified to work with professionals", simply because of these pop-ups. Almost every major software manufacturer whose products I use likes to periodically "remind" me that I really must see their latest offering!

Just my opinion!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 11/23/2018, 5:06 AM

@Glen-Muse @Glen-Muse

Hi

The pop up feature is only a small part of the Connect program's functions that provides the latest news and offers available.

See this comment for disabling the pop ups.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

jann wrote on 11/23/2018, 12:36 PM

Thanks for comments. I also wrote to Magix and asked about this, but they don't care to answer ➜ I agree with Glen-Muse about Magix being mostly a hobby company and not really for professionals.

browj2 wrote on 11/25/2018, 1:22 PM

Emmrecs, imagine if 5 or 6 of the applications installed on your computer started this practice. Could this invasion of your desktop space then become an annoyance? I find the practice to be absolutely infuriating and an indicator that Magix if a consumer-minded company and not really qualified to work with professionals. The email notifications from Magix satisfy my interest in being informed of special offers.

@Glen-Muse and @jann

I think that the users of Samplitude, Sequoia, Vegas and Video Pro X would disagree with you about not being qualified to work with professionals.

I get other notifications regularly at the bottom right from Corel (usually about buying brushes and not their other programs) and Acronis. I rarely get notifications from Magix even though I have most of the boxes checked as activated. As John Baker pointed out, Magix Connect does more than just give you notifications and you can turn off notifications for all products or keep some.

Magix now asks you if you want to install Magix Connect (new in the last week).

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

jann wrote on 11/25/2018, 2:39 PM

@Glen-Muse and @jann

I think that the users of Samplitude, Sequoia, Vegas and Video Pro X would disagree with you about not being qualified to work with professionals...

I have been using Magix software for many years - also their so called "professional" software (Designer Pro X). DPX used to be amazing, but the last couple of upgrades hasn't add much new to it - compared to the price - and It's buggy and in many ways obsolete.

jann wrote on 11/25/2018, 3:15 PM

But don't get me wrong. I really like and use many of Magix software: Movie Edit Pro, Music Maker, Vegas Movie Studio... and even that buggy Designer Pro X.

The main problem with Magix is lack of qualified support. Contacting Magix is like playing lottery: in most cases [if they even care to answer] you get in touch with incompetent "call center" who can't help you - or even worse, who gives you incorrect information :-/ And yes, then in some rare cases (winning the lottery!) you get in touch with a competent support person - great - but all this is far too random and unsure for professional use of Magix software.