Magix Audio Remote app

Barry.garage17 wrote on 11/29/2022, 4:11 AM

I upgraded from SMS 2022 to SMS 2023, (2) I downloaded the Magix Audio Remote app which is now supposed to work with SMS 2023, but I have been unable to get it to work at all. The app cannot “see” my SMS 2023 on my PC. My system information: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ;  Memory: 8192MB RAM; Available OS Memory: 8104MB RAM; Version - Magix Samplitude Music Studio Ink.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/29/2022, 3:18 PM

@Barry.garage17 Are you using Android?

The app is from 2015. I don't think it will work correctly with newer versions of Music Maker and Music Studio.

Touch DAW seems to work fine as a MIDI controller. But it's a little bit complicated to install and configure.

You could also use a remote app like Chrome Remote Desktop.

Barry.garage17 wrote on 11/30/2022, 2:17 AM

Hi and thanks for the info and advice SP.

I am using Android version 10. The app should certainly work with Magix Samplitude Music Studio 2023, since it is advertised with the purchase / upgrade as one of the main things that are new with the 2023 version!

Regarding the Chrome Remote Desktop app, are you saying that this might work with SMS 2023? And / or with Android version 10?

SP. wrote on 11/30/2022, 2:33 AM

@Barry.garage17 Chrome Remote Desktop streams the screen of your computer over internet to your Android device. So it works with all programs. It's enough to start and stop the recording.

Maybe the firewall blocks the Audio Remote App from accessing your computer? Does it work if you temporarily disable Windows Defender?

johnebaker wrote on 11/30/2022, 4:01 AM

, @SP.

Hi

The Magix Audio Remote app (2015) on Android 11, works with Music Maker 2023 on Windows 11.

There is no setup, nor do I have any Firewall issues with it - all firewall features of Windows Defender are on.. The only factor which is a must is that both the App and computer must be on the same wifi network. AFAICS it does not work over Bluetooth

. . . . The app cannot “see” my SMS 2023 on my PC. . . . .

On mine it does not see Music Maker, only the computer it is connected to.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

emmrecs wrote on 11/30/2022, 5:09 AM

@johnebaker

Hi John,

It doesn't work for me, running Android 12 under Win 10. It seems the app doesn't even see my computer, pressing the "Connect to MAGIX program" produces nothing!

I note you say that both the App and the computer must be on the same wifi network. My desktop is connected via Ethernet, rather than wireless; could that be the reason for non-function? The phone is connected to the same router as the desktop.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Barry.garage17 wrote on 11/30/2022, 5:38 AM

Hi SP, John EB and Jeff.

Windows Defender is not the issue - it is off because I use the Kaspersky firewall. I turned off the Kaspersky firewall, but no luck, the app does not see my computer (or the Magix programme).

I also tried Chrome Remote Desktop, but no luck there either.

My computer is also hard-wired to the router, but I can't imagine that would make any difference? I suppose my next step is Magix technical support?

Barry

emmrecs wrote on 11/30/2022, 5:54 AM

@Barry.garage17

Windows Defender is not the issue - it is off because I use the Kaspersky firewall

Just for absolute accuracy: Windows Defender is never fully "off" since it is required by Windows in order to allow Windows Updates to be installed. I understand what you are saying - I run a third-party firewall and AV - but Defender itself cannot be totally disabled, by design.

I think you may well need to create a Support ticket (follow the Support link at the top of any forum page, always choosing the option on each page to Ask Support whenever it is offered, often at the foot of a page) though I suspect the age of the app may well mean that support is not able to offer much assistance. Certainly, when I installed it on my phone, with Android 12, I immediately saw a message that it was designed for an older version and to check whether there was an update, which there wasn't!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 11/30/2022, 11:54 AM

@emmrecs, @Barry.garage17

Hi Jeff

. . . . My desktop is connected via Ethernet, rather than wireless; could that be the reason for non-function? . . . .

No - my PC is connected via Ethernet, the phone and laptop by wifi to the router - the type of connection to the network makes no difference.

PC and Laptop are using different antivirus programs, Windows Security (Defender) and Avast respectively with default Firewall settings, Music Maker is allowed through both Private and Public - this should be detected and set by default.

. . . .  I immediately saw a message that it was designed for an older version and to check whether there was an update, which there wasn't! . . .

I got that message too, clicked OK and the app just worked connecting both to my PC and laptop - in the previous screen capture my PC was not on.

All functions are available using the app with Music Maker.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/30/2022, 11:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Barry.garage17 wrote on 12/1/2022, 12:36 AM

Thanks everybody. I'm going to contact Support, but I will probably only achieve a little bit more pressure on Magix to update the app in due course.

Barry

Barry.garage17 wrote on 12/7/2022, 1:22 AM

Hi again everybody. Just for the sake of completeness, these are an extract from my interactions with the Magix Support Team:

SUPPORT: …..in the context of Samplitude Music Studio, you will need to enable the functionality for the support of Audio Remote on the end of the DAW…. You will find this option as a switch in the Samplitude Music Studio start dialogue….
ME: …….. I did manage to enable the functionality for the support of Audio Remote in Magix Samplitude Music Studio 2023 (MSMS 2023), ….. this made no difference and the Magix Audio Remote app was totally unable to connect to my PC. A Forum member suggested … I …. use the Chrome Remote Desktop app …. I was able to connect my phone to my computer and I was able to use the MSMS 2023 transport to play, record, rewind, etc. This is a far from perfect solution, however, because the full computer screen shows on the phone screen, so the image is very small and it is difficult to quickly and accurately find and activate the MSMS 2023 transport buttons with the tiny mouse pointer. ….. I do therefore still hope that we can find a way to make the Magix Audio Remote app work, between my phone and my PC. I await your suggestions.
SUPPORT: …I'm afraid …. I'm not able to add any other comments or troubleshooting here. The problem doesn't appear to be reproducible on our end. …this topic may receive some additional development attention again in the future, but since the Audio Remote app and the associated workflows with SMS and Music Maker have very low development priority at the moment, this is more of a long shot.

SP. wrote on 12/7/2022, 2:33 AM

@Barry.garage17 I can just zoom in on the Chrome Remote Desktop screen with typical two finger pinching gesture.

Barry.garage17 wrote on 12/7/2022, 2:38 AM

Hi SP.

I couldn't zoom in - I will try again - get my daughter to help me probably. Do you not have to use the mouse pointer on your phone to operate Music Maker or SMS?

SP. wrote on 12/7/2022, 2:58 AM

@Barry.garage17 In my android version of Chrome Remote Desktop I can switch between mouse cursor mode and touchscreen mode.

Swipe down from the top of the screen to show the Chrome Remote Desktop menu.

Mouse cursor mode moves the mouse cursor by moving your finger on the touchscreen.

Touchscreen mode removes the mouse cursor and then you can click everywhere on the screen just by touching it. This is faster if you just want to click on record, play, stop etc. But you can click more easily on something you didn't want to click, especially when the screen is zoom out and everything is tiny.

You can also bring up a keyboard to type something, in case you need it.

On my phone the keyboard sometimes is only shown in reduced telephone numbers only mode, like in this screenshot.

I then need to turn the device by 90 degrees. The keyboard then changes to this mobile phone style.

I need to turn it by 90 degrees again. Then it will show in the normal computer keyboard mode.

Barry.garage17 wrote on 12/7/2022, 8:08 AM

Thanks so much SP. I will give this all a try, as soon as I have the time.

Barry