Loop Collection Installation Problem

thisanis wrote on 10/28/2018, 11:54 PM

I don't care if there's a work around. This is unnacceptable.

The fact that the installation file practically FORCES you to install it into a C directory is an issue. Some of us actually have a small SSD dedicated for the sole purpose of Booting Windows while the rest of the hard drives we use for work & storage.

The fact that I have to install, cut and paste it into my preferred directory while having to scramble to find out what I can afford to delete just to get this done is not only frustrating, but speaks volumes about MAGIX's quality control.

A greyed out Browse button and an instruction that says to click it to change directories? Who does that?!

Comments

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/5/2018, 12:52 AM

Did you install it as an administrator?

thisanis wrote on 11/5/2018, 1:06 AM

Yes. I ran it as Administrator.

Didn't do anything to fix it.

The option to "Browse" and change preferred Directory is grayed out.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/7/2018, 10:18 PM

Before I try and test this are we talking about The program (Acid Pro 8) or the loops and instruments which are downloaded (and installed) from the help menu?

Will

thisanis wrote on 11/7/2018, 11:11 PM

Loops and instruments from the help menu of Acid Pro 8

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/8/2018, 2:40 PM

OK. I'm in the process of finding & connecting one of my external drives (I have a laptop) so I can test this for you. While I can't do a secondary internal drive for obvious reasons, between an external drive, a USB stick, and an onboard card reader perhaps I can test this for you.

I have went through the download procedure and surprisingly since the latest update running AP 8 in administrator mode is no longer required to download and install the loops and instruments from the "Help" menu. There was no option to "Browse" to any other location, but I have not, as of yet, had a secondary drive connected to my laptop so perhaps that is why it did not show.

I can say however that If I was attempting to install the instruments into a secondary drive and was forced to "cut & paste" I would also be extremely unhappy about it, and probably unsuccessful as well.

I will return soon, hopefully with some results for you,

Will