Comments

SP. wrote on 6/26/2024, 10:32 AM

@bcsound Have you tried right clicking on the channel meters?

bcsound wrote on 6/26/2024, 12:00 PM

just checked this, unfortunately none of the right click options in channel meters has the spectroscope ranges segmented by frequencies... attached is SF 12 with this visualization (outlined in red)

SP. wrote on 6/26/2024, 12:17 PM

@bcsound To my understanding Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 was some kind of unique version with a different user interface. It could very well be the case, that this visualizer isn't available in version 17. Or maybe you need the 17 Pro version and not the 17 Audio Studio version.

bcsound wrote on 6/26/2024, 12:58 PM

thanks, this makes sense. i'll dig into the 17 Pro version!

rraud wrote on 6/27/2024, 9:15 AM

SF Pro has the 'Spectrum Analysis' display tool. There are also many free (and otherwise) spectrum display plug-ins available.
If you wish to be able to edit a spectrum display, Stenberg's SpectaLayers Pro is included with the SF Pro 'Suite' version.. and IMO, is worth the price of the upgrade alone if you need pro level restoration tools or cannot fix issues with the current SF tools.

GRB wrote on 7/1/2024, 10:15 AM

I thought I had seen the spectrum visualizer before, since SFAS12... and I just found it, hiding somewhat.....

Its also avail in Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4, but you have to change the display settings to "64 band" preset....

Grab the software when on sale to make it more realistic for just a few extra features you are looking for over SFAS17 (they both have different feature sets and workflow).

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

rraud wrote on 7/2/2024, 9:27 AM

SF Audio Studio 12 was a unique version (pros and cons). Very different from all other versions of SF (AS and Pro).

GRB wrote on 7/3/2024, 1:29 PM

SF Audio Studio 12 was a unique version (pros and cons). Very different from all other versions of SF (AS and Pro).

I tried reloading my old SFAS12.6 recently after reading that it was unique with features, but to me, it wasn't worth it to run it for those over the newer versions.. plus add the Audio Cleaning Lab 4 in my account, that has some of the extra stuff that SFAS17 doesn't... its an interesting back and forth on the features list between the two.....

www.magix.com/us/music-editing/sound-forge/sound-forge-pro/version-comparison/

Last changed by GRB on 7/3/2024, 1:31 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 7/3/2024, 1:35 PM

Here it is in SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4 after mode changed to 64 band preset. Quite a nice piece of software actually.... I look fwd to Lab 5 someday, see whats new/added !

Last changed by GRB on 7/3/2024, 1:37 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

SP. wrote on 7/3/2024, 2:54 PM

@GRB Audio Cleaning Lab is not based on Sound Forge, that's why they are so different. Audio Cleaning Lab is a spin-off of the old Magix Music Studio from the early 2000s. After Magix acquired the Sound Forge brand they used the name for this tool.

GRB wrote on 7/3/2024, 4:25 PM

@SP. thats an interesting piece of product history.... but I still think its a cool piece of software 😎

I like it in some ways better than SF's, but thats a "to each their own" thing... feature wise, its sits in the comparison list well on its own, but very well if matched with SFAS17 for what it is lacking (or was held back on intentionally so as to not outshine SFAS?) ... unless you need some of the "power" features in Pro version, but then again thats lots more $$$ too....

Just wanted to let @bcsound and @rraud know that the "analyzer" segmented by frequencies (64) asked about was indeed avail in a lower cost product, SFACL4. I actually wasn't aware until I saw this post questioning and then went looking around at my Lab 4 to see what it had, and if there.... I had never changed the "preset" on the Analyzer screen to all of the different options... was happily surprised to actually find it! ✌️🎶