Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/16/2021, 3:33 AM

@mary-swe

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

No, your pictures do not all need to be in one folder for PM to find and index them, but you do have to tell PM exactly where to search.

IOW, assuming you are using the Advanced view, in the left hand column, under the "Folder"option, you should see all your connected drives listed. Clicking on any of the drives will show you the folders on them; clicking, in turn, on each folder that contains images will allow PM to index them.

Clearly, this will take time!

On my computer I don't use the default "Pictures" folder at all. All my photos are in one main directory called "Images", with sub-folders for each set of related images. My RAW images are kept on a separate drive, in a dedicated folder, again with sub-folders. Indexing any of my images is thus a matter of clicking on either the "Images" or the "RAW" folder. PM then creates its database.

So, to (sort of) fully answer your question: to have PM index images etc. which are scattered among many different drives, folders and subfolders is possible, but initially at least, rather time-consuming for you, the user since you must tell PM where to search.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam