List of compatible Midi Controllers?

Moosebeard wrote on 7/2/2018, 8:21 PM

Hello, I was wondering if there was a compiled list of compatible MIDI controllers that work with Acid Pro 8. I have the software, and am currently using an Axiom 49. The keyboard works, but I can't route/transport any of the knobs, start/stop/ pads, etc. I'm not adverse to picking up another similar controller if there is one that works natively with Acid. I'd like to use more of the soft synths and midi options of this software.

Comments

DennisS58 wrote on 11/18/2018, 8:57 PM

I'm getting ready to purchase a midi controller keyboard as well. I would like to make sure it's compatible with Acid Pro 8 before I purchase. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/22/2018, 1:41 AM

Hi,

I use an AKAI MPK249. Works well within plugins. At least those with MIDI learn functionality. Very easy in fact. There is a process involving presets within the MIDI & Controllers preferences pages. The "Generic MIDI controller" preset works for the plug-ins just fine. I've been working out the kinks as far as getting the transport functionality working with the MPK249 preset. For transport and mixing control I generally use my Faderport, so having the MPK control those functions hasn't been a priority for me although having worked out the preset I know it is doable.

As mentioned ... be sure you add a "Generic Midi Controller" and you will have to figure out which MIDI port, if any, you need to activate to use your particular controller. I don't think it matters too much which controller you use, except for your particular workflow. They all transmit the usual Continuous Controller information so they should all work just fine.

Let us know how you fare and if you have any problems ....

Will

dave-groona wrote on 11/22/2018, 7:51 AM

I've used;

Korg nanoCONTROL2

Novation LaunchKey

Behringer BCF2000

Zoom R16

All have successfully controlled the transport and mixer functions, as well as track control, VST and VSTi plug-ins.

You can create your own mapping scenes to control any parameter inside ACID Pro.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/24/2018, 2:28 PM

+1

Will

ShawnMH wrote on 12/1/2018, 2:31 PM

Nektar Panorama P1 does mix/pan/transport functions ok.

sheppo wrote on 12/17/2018, 7:34 AM

Would it be useful for me to add this question, and list of known-working devices to the FAQ?

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 12/21/2018, 12:05 PM

@sheppo

Yes, thank you sheppo. I actually looked there first when researching problems I had initially. Controller is integral to MIDI functionality which is half of Acid, at least for me.

Will

DennisS58 wrote on 2/1/2019, 8:46 AM

I bought the Akai MPK249 and I've just started exploring. My go to instrument is Acoustic guitar.

I'm a 60 year old newbie when it comes to recording in the box. I've recorded in a professorial studio...but this is a whole new world. I'm enjoying it.

I had posted a question about the directory of plugins . I have a SSD card with my operating system on it and

when I downloaded the free plugins...it took to much space. I don't see where I can have all the plugins and sounds on a drive other than c: Any suggestions would be appreciated. Everything was downloaded into a

folder called Matrix downloads. Are those zip files that when extracted go to the folders that are visible when I

hit the plugins tab ??? or are they the actual sounds?

a different drive.

emmrecs wrote on 2/1/2019, 8:56 AM

@DennisS58

Much of your post here is a duplicate of this thread, to which I see you have posted another comment. Please keep discussion of where Acid can be installed in that thread so as not to divert this current thread away from the original question.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam