linked ecommerce store

barry-s wrote on 12/7/2020, 10:33 AM

Hi, I hope that someone can give me a quick answer as I have, what I think is, an easy question. I have spent a few weeks trying to build a website using Wordpress and hate it, it's so blocky and unfriendly. My aim is to build a site for Print on Demand covering various products and market sectors but enough of that. I have a supplier lined up ready for my clothing section and they can integrate directly with WooCommerce, Spotify, Etsy etc so my customers order on my site and the order goes direct to my supplier for dropshipping. Can I build such a site using Xara? Please not too much techy-speak in the answers as I'm an old fashioned designer )otherwise I'd use Wordpress and some coding)... thanks, in advance with my fingers crossed.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/7/2020, 1:54 PM

@barry-s

Hi

Xara Web Designer has a widget for a 3rd party eCommerce provider, see here, which lets you build your shop on their hosting and link through to it. However whether this will connect to your supplier is another question which you would have to as Xara Support.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

barry-s wrote on 12/7/2020, 3:04 PM

Thanks for that, dude. That does seem like a nice easy answer and if it doesn't integrate direct with my suppliers that's not a problem, I'll just do it the old fashioned way of taking the order and then forwarding it by hand to my supplier, as I intend to do with all my other product range. I don't suppose if you know if there is a widget which can allow me to set up a subscription site, with various levels of subscription linked with corresponding levels of site access? This is a second website idea I'm working on. Thanks again for your quick and very helpful earlier answer.

johnebaker wrote on 12/8/2020, 4:22 AM

@barry-s

Hi

. . . . I don't suppose if you know if there is a widget which can allow me to set up a subscription site, with various levels of subscription linked with corresponding levels of site access? . . . .

This is where you are moving back into the realms of WordPress/Joomla/Drupal as you need a database driven site, the most common being based on PHP/MySQL to maintain list of subscribers subscription levels, passwords, data consent, etc.

If the site has world wide access, you would also need to look at how you are going to comply with Data Protection regulations for various countries and the EU, or if it is for a specific country or countries include geofencing the site to block access from those countries where it should not be available.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.