LightScribe & Roxio Record Now Lab 10

bobcat2 wrote on 6/22/2009, 3:56 PM
My light scribe burner does not work since I installed Magix Movie Edit Pro 15, any suggestions? Also, my Roxio Record Now Music Lab 10 will not start. I have tried to reinstall Roxio but, still does not work. I think there is a "patch/download" for the lightscribe problem but, I can't seem to locate it.
Thanks, Bob

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/23/2009, 7:13 AM
Hi,

If that is the problem I'm thinking of (due to some change in the registry), there is a pretty simple solution. Are you running this on a Windows XP system? Then try this:

Download the following ZIP archive with two Windows registry key fixes:

Extract them and apply the activation key fix by double-clicking it. Admin rights and a system restart are required.

I hope this helps!

ralftaro wrote on 7/2/2009, 8:44 AM
Hi Bob,

I'm not completely sure I can follow what problem you're still having. So, the light scribe issue is fixed? That is primarily what the Magix registry fix is intended to do, even if you did use something else to sort out the problem. What still doesn't work is starting that Roxio program? That would be a different issue. I'm not even positive that this is in any way related to the installation of the Magix program. However, if you're pretty positive this problem starting showing right after the Magix installation, then maybe the registry changes do tie into this issue as well. The only thing I can suggest is manually confirming that the registry entry has been changed back to the old setting. I'll try to walk you through this:

You will have to make sure to be logged in under an administrator account and have all necessary rights. Click on the Windows XP "Start" button, choose "Run" and type "regedit" into the command prompt to start the Windows registry editor. Use the left-hand side to navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Make sure to find the right location. The Windows registry file is rather big and complex. Just take it step by step as per the registry key name above. Once you're on "Winlogon", you will see various entries on the right-hand side of the registry editor window. Find the entry "allocatecdroms" and double-click on the name. The value data should be "1" in your case. This is what is causing the problem. Change it to "0" (zero) and confirm this dialogue again. Done! If you have the necessary user rights, the change will be accepted and will take effect immediately. You can close down the registry editor again.

Check whether the Roxio program is working again. If not, the problem is obviously not related to that change in the registry file.