Licensing Issue when importing videos

Jadon-Byers wrote on 9/9/2024, 9:27 PM

I just downloaded the trial version of MAGIX movie studio 25 to my PC and was hoping I would purchase it. When I try to import a video from my GoPro or Drone videos (already saved to my computer's hard drive) it gives me a message that says "this video is not available due to licensing conditions." I did notice I was able to open videos I recorded on my phone and Canon camera, but not the GoPro or Drone videos. I'm guessing this is more of an issue with the formatting of those videos, but does anyone have any suggestions on getting around this?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/10/2024, 3:54 AM

@Jadon-Byers

Welcome to the Magix users forums.

All Magix Trial versions are in some way restricted when compared with the full, purchased versions. I suspect that is the reason you cannot open your GoPro or drone videos.

I don't have either a GoPro or a drone to check but once you purchase, register and activate the software (and there is a money-back guarantee period if you find it is not suitable, I believe it is 14 days) all the trial version limitations are automatically removed.

If you are able to post a small example file to a file sharing site (so not to this forum) and share the download link here users with the full version can download it and test it on their machines.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam