License Confusion About COUPON Gift?

Grazie wrote on 5/4/2018, 12:06 PM

(I've been asked by our Moderator to start a new Thread for this šŸ˜‡)

When I purchased Acid Pro 8 I got a "Gift" - an opportunity to select from ONE of a few previously not released Loops Sets. I quite like "Modern Waveforms".

Please see this:

https://www.producerplanet.com/us/search/?query=Modern%20Waveforms&area=audio

I'm remaining confused about this:

My COUPON allows me to download Modern Waveforms. But seeing that choice makes me want to be clear that I am permitted to USE the "Modern Waveforms" Content without the requirement to purchase that Commercial License too?

Question: Can I use the COUPON to download and then use the content within a ACID Pro composition for Commercial purposes without the need to purchase a Commercial License?

Please advise,

G

Comments

kinvermark wrote on 5/4/2018, 1:27 PM

Having trouble posting... but now OK.

Briefly, When I downloaded Pretty in Pop, it came with two identical folders of loops; one of which was named "commercial." So I think its OK.

Ā 

Ā 

Grazie wrote on 5/4/2018, 2:20 PM

@kinvermarkĀ : Well, I see, but no , your logic isnā€™t onvergent.

Briefly, When I downloaded Pretty in Pop, it came with two identical folders of loops; one of which was named "commercial." So I think its OK.

Those license catergorically stipilate what a person is allowed to do.

Grazie wrote on 5/4/2018, 2:51 PM

@kinvermark : I'm downloading now. Modern Waveforms consists of two different sized ZIPs: 1.5gb and 3.3gb.

Let's see what happens next.

Cheers!

kinvermark wrote on 5/4/2018, 7:58 PM

So, I am going to do an "about face" on this one....

Looking into the details (on ProducerPlanet account & confirmation email) these "free coupon" libraries are only being offered as NON COMMERCIAL ($39.99 value). If you want commercial you would need to spend $79.99.

My opinion, given the HUGE supply of on-line libraries, is that the Magix libraries/pools do not represent good value. You can spend far less for generous commercial license products that are better, bigger and more varied. Sorry Magix , but you are going to have to "up your game."

Ā 

kinvermark wrote on 5/4/2018, 8:17 PM

...so this also begs the question: how much do you have to pay to UPGRADE a non-commercial to a commercial license?

Grazie wrote on 5/4/2018, 9:26 PM

@kinvermark

...so this also begs the question: how much do you have to pay to UPGRADE a non-commercial to a commercial license?

And until we can get an OFFICIAL comment, which would specifically and categorically stipulate we would be allowed to use these options COMMERCIALLY, it is starting to look less like a GIFT by the minute. Iā€™ve further opinions on this, but Iā€™ll keep those to myself.

The situation remains both confusing and worrisome. ā€œO, This Brave New World!ā€ The Tempest, Mr Shakespeare

Grazie wrote on 5/7/2018, 4:02 PM

Bump.... Need some advise on this licensing.

djdrdru wrote on 5/19/2018, 10:08 PM

I imagine your free gift offer wouldnā€™t include unlimited commercial license.

Currently you can get 50% off with code PPWelcome50 ... maybe try that.

Anyway this is user forum, for official support contactĀ infoservice@magix.net

shintobi wrote on 5/30/2018, 8:46 AM

Hi @Grazie,

the voucher you received has the value for a commercial(unlimited) purchase of Modern Waveforms.

Ā 

Best Regards,

\Tobi

Grazie wrote on 5/30/2018, 9:08 AM

Hi Tobi. Thanks for officially confirming Iā€™m legally allowed to use the gift commercially in my own ACID mixes and that @djdrdruĀ was incorrect in suggesting I couldnā€™t. Oh, and again, thanks for coming here, on this Forum, to confirm it.

Now, where did I put my Metronome? šŸ˜Š

SampleScience_1 wrote on 10/21/2018, 5:17 AM

Yeah, the offer includes one commercial usage library or two non-commercial usage libraries. Judging by the size of the library I chose, I think Magix is very generous with their offer.