Legends

Former user wrote on 11/4/2012, 12:41 PM

I am disapointed with the program " Video easy 4 HD "

It does not allow to introduce legends on fotos...

The bottom of Text is allways black...

Is there any up load to this mediocre program that i bought for 40€ in Fnac to improve and make better movies?

I am really disapointed...!

Thank you

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 11/4/2012, 1:55 PM

Hi,

You have expressed some "dissapointment" twice now.  What do you mean by "legends"?  Are you asking about titles or sub titles? You say the "bottom of the text is always black"  What do you mean by the bottom of the text.  The default text color is usually black although sometimes white depending on the text you select.

That can usually be changed.  With VideoEasy, you bought a simple basic editing program and is clearly advertised as product for beginners.  If you wanted something more sophisticated, you should have looked at some of the higher end products such as Movie Edit Pro 2013.  You can still download a trial of that product to see if that is the level of sophistication you actually needed.

This is a user forum, no one here actually works for Magix so your comments about a "mediocre program" are neither appreciated or welcome.  The program should perform exactly as advertised.  If it does not, contact technical support, if you picked the wrong program based on your needs, then that is really your problem.

You want to make "better movies" well then you need to pay the price to buy a higher end video editor.  You will never make high end "Hollywood" style movies with a basic editor geared towards beginners.

Enough Said.  Good Luck,

George

Former user wrote on 11/4/2012, 3:13 PM

Sorry for my bad english.

Yes I mean Sub titles...

I disagree with you, because the windows movie maker does it better than this one and is free and no i don`t want to became a hollywood film maker but sub titles are basic...!

And if you stay so " nervous" with my words I don`t understand why when i expressed disapointement and I say is a mediocre program.

Both requests are basic as the program it self...!

johnebaker wrote on 11/4/2012, 4:09 PM

Hi xicoouteirio

It would help us help you if you answered the questions you have been asked. 

Have you read the installed pdf manual for the software?

Post a screen shot of the text displayed as 'always black' so we can see what iss happening.

Making comments like 'mediocre software' is your opinion only - many other happy users would argue against you on this. 

Of course you can say you are disappointed in the software that is a natural feeling which you are entitled to express.

If  that disappointment is a result of your unfamiliarity with the software then we can help you, providing you come back with the information we ask for.

However if you expect, because you have paid for a piece of software, that it has to be better than free software then that is a problem we cannot help you with.

For your guidance these links will help

http://www.magix.info/uk/pages/rules/

http://www.magix.info/uk/please-do-the-following-before-posting-your-question.forum.621831.html

John

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/4/2012, 4:11 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

cpc000cpc wrote on 11/4/2012, 4:35 PM

The tutorial [http://www.magix.com/au/video-easy/detail/tutorials/] shows this for the text entry tab:

I'd agree having always a black background (bottom?) is a limitation but it should come as no surprise. I don't have Video Easy but maybe there is an 'Advanced' button somewhere for other options?