Jerky motion

oxchase-abhulmen wrote on 12/16/2008, 4:06 PM
I recently bought & installed Video deluxe 15 (Dutch version) but could not use it efficiently to edit a music clip that I pre-edited with Video deluxe 2007. There is this anoying jerky motion during playback. I taught it was my video card, so I bought a beter one; problem still not solved.

Graphic card: 256mb (dual DVI); Internal memory: 1G; Pentium 4 with 3GHz-processor speed; OS: Windows XP (sp3); Enough Hard disc space.

HELP...

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 12/17/2008, 2:36 AM
Sounds strange. Sorry to say, but it seems that this is something for the Magix supprt. We are only users and it is hard to make a diagnostic when the problems get more complex...the support can do a systemcheck.

On the other hand...there have been changed a lot since version 2007 and I am not sure if there is maybe a problem with one of the old effects....
ralftaro wrote on 12/17/2008, 3:53 AM
Hi,

Can you provide a few more details as to how exactly you get the clip from the old version into Video Deluxe 15 and what kind of source material it is based on? Are you loading the movie/project file that you saved in the old version or did you mix down a video file in the old version, which you're now importing into the new Video Deluxe version? Please make sure to provide all pertinent details. I'm afraid right now the circumstances of this problem are not really clear. Thanks.

ralftaro wrote on 12/17/2008, 5:23 AM
Thanks for further clarifying this.

When migrating your project to the new (or freshly formatted) hard drive, did you make sure that it stays intact and that all source files are still available when opening it on the freshly installed system? Did you use the backup option in the program to copy all the relevant files and media into one single folder and then copy that folder to the new hard drive? Also, what source material are you using in your project, especially with regard to the video footage? Is it standard definition DV or MPEG footage? Is it high definition footage (e.g. HDV or AVCHD)? These details might all be relevant to the problem. Thanks.

ralftaro wrote on 12/17/2008, 9:15 AM
I see. Well, ultimately, this might just boil down to a little inconsistency resulting from the import of the old project files into the new version (if the problem is really exclusive to this use case). While this is generally possibly, it's not guaranteed to work perfectly. You could try the following things again: Check the properties of your video objects (in Video Deluxe's timeline view) and make sure the frame rate matches the settings of your project. Also, go into the Video Deluxe program settings and experiment with different arranger video modes in the "Display options" tab. Maybe the program is just not running in the ideal mode. If this is really just a real-time playback performance problem, it's maybe not that big of a deal either, since the rendered result might be just fine.

If none of this helps and especially if the rendered result is also jerky, I would really recommend just reinstalling your old version and just finishing the project in there. This is generally the recommended workflow. (You can have both Video Deluxe versions on the system at the same time - no problem.)