issue with recording

wolfe-gang wrote on 8/19/2022, 12:22 PM

hi my issue is with magix music studio 12 i can record the first track with no issues when i try to record the second track all that happens is it re-record's the first track i have followed all the procedures but cannot find the solution though this is an old version it works well with win xp pro it has been a while since using this product ,and know from past experiance i should be able to hear and record at the same time individual track's without reproducing the previous track i do have afull duplex sound card and meet all the spec required any help would be gratfully received thankyou

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/19/2022, 12:45 PM

@wolfe-gang What is the audio input of your second track, your soundcard input? Have you disabled audio loopback mode in your soundcard driver settings?

wolfe-gang wrote on 8/23/2022, 5:20 PM

hi thankyou for your response i am using a creative sound blaster sound card and i use the line in input for my instruments, will disabeling the loopback mode rectify my issue, any info would be greatly appreciated

SP. wrote on 8/24/2022, 4:29 AM

@wolfe-gang If loopback is enabled the soundcard will send the sound it gets from the computer back to its recording interface. The sound is looping back, so to speak. This is good if you want to record the sound of your computer, but it looks like you only want to hear it and not record it.

Kris-Chari wrote on 6/2/2023, 11:22 PM

I have installed both Samptitude PromX7 and Music Maker 74 bit in my Notebook WINDOWS 11 Pro. I amunable to get any sound while recoding or playback

SP. wrote on 6/2/2023, 11:40 PM

@Kris-Chari Please configure the audio driver correctly in the Music Maker program settings and Samplitude system settings.