Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/17/2024, 8:55 PM

@Doug-Burck

Hi,

That is what I use, but there are problems with SFACL 4, not serious, just annoying. I also use it for much more, like recording from external sources, mostly old cassettes and Super8 sound, and doing narration.

Which program and version are you using for video editing?

SFACL4 has built-in spectral cleaning. It's old but good.

The SpectraLayers Elements that comes with it has to be used as a standalone due to a bug. However, it is quite astounding what can be done with it in the way of cleaning up audio problems.

Can you describe the type of sound cleaning that you want to do? Depending on the video editor, much can be done it in.

I suggest that you download the trial version, try it out, and come back with further questions.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Doug-Burck wrote on 4/19/2024, 10:32 AM

Hi John, thank you for responding. I purchased Magic Video Saver, but have not started a project yet. I know there are sections in the video's where I'd like to enhance the voice "if I can" and in other sections there are background noises that I'd like to "soften" or "remove". Are you familiar with Magic Video Saver? Do you think these things I've described can be done inside that editor? I am so appreciative of your knowledge and time in helping me out in this. I've got this project I'd love to do for the family and I'm a little over my head on in.

GRB wrote on 7/3/2024, 7:29 PM

Hi John, thank you for responding. I purchased Magic Video Saver, but have not started a project yet. I know there are sections in the video's where I'd like to enhance the voice "if I can" and in other sections there are background noises that I'd like to "soften" or "remove". Are you familiar with Magic Video Saver? Do you think these things I've described can be done inside that editor? I am so appreciative of your knowledge and time in helping me out in this. I've got this project I'd love to do for the family and I'm a little over my head on in.

Hello Doug, I'm in opposite situation as you... I own Audio Lab 4 and think its great even though I haven't completely put it to the real-time test yet, I have "messed around" with it a handful of times, poked around, looked at menus/options/features and done random track edits to experiment.....

I have ordered but not yet installed Magix Video Saver ! :)

I think both will be a great useful tool for video and audio alike. I look fwd to learning more about Video Saver, well, and Audio Lab 4 too! Sound Forge Audio Studio is also a great affordable tool, but theres just something I really like about the Audio Lab 4 even though the feature set is kind of split up between it and SFAS17. I'm hoping that maybe Audio Lab 5 will bring many of those traded off features, and some new ones (maybe borrowed from Pro version?). Audio Lab 4 is great as is though too!

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

Can-Dive wrote on 7/21/2024, 1:59 AM

@Doug-Burck

I also own SFACL4 and think its an excellent product despite some of its issues as mentioned by @browj2 . But if you want to try something free, quick and dirty using AI to enhance a voice recording I would suggest you try Adobe Podcast; Enhance Speech. You just load your sound file and let AI do the work. I've been playing with it and it does a pretty good job of cleaning up background noise and wind.

https://podcast.adobe.com/