Is it possible to delete the right channel of a recording

JustMe89 wrote on 12/15/2009, 5:40 PM
I have a recording on an old 7 inch reel of acetate tape.  Over the years, the recording on one side of the tape has been transfered to the other side of the tape.  When the tape is played, you can hear the primary recording played normally and the transfered recording played in reverse.  Fortunately, this is an old mono recording, so the primary recording is only on the left channel and the transfered recording is only on the right channel.

Is it possible to delete the right channel and copy the left channel to the right channel?

Comments

paulro37 wrote on 12/17/2009, 5:05 PM
Hi, I know it can be done in Samplitude MS 15, by processing only the left or right channels and recording to a new track.

You can also use Wavpad which is free software and make a mono sample out of either left or right!

Hope that helps.

Paul
JustMe89 wrote on 12/17/2009, 6:44 PM
I just discovered how to do this today.

1. Open the original project file New.VIP

2. On the menu, click "Edit -> Split"

3. Again on the menu, click "Edit -> Split stereo channels"

4. Close the original project file.

5. In the lower window, click on the "Import" tab

6. Click on "Audio Files"

7. In the same directory as the original project file New.VIP, you will find two new wave files - NewLeft.wav and NewRight.wave.  If the audio you want to save is in the left channel, open NewLeft.wav.

8. The audio originally in the left channel only will play in both channels.

Procyon wrote on 12/21/2009, 10:41 AM
MMM is also capable of splitting a stereo track into two mono tracks.  These can then be edited, modified, or deleted as desired.