Is it possible to convert videos so they can be poste in youtube and sent as e-mails?

dp09 wrote on 3/12/2009, 9:02 PM
I recently purchased the family movie creator. I'm still not that familiar with the system but, I figured how to edit and all. I just wanted to know if there was a way convert videos so that they would be able to be posted on youtube and to send them as e-mails. Also, how do I convert disk projects to movies? Thanks!

Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 3/13/2009, 2:29 AM
Hi dp09,

I'm sorry, but I don't know what "family movie creator" is.  Is that a Magix program?

I use Movie Edit Pro, but I'm guessing the other Magix videos have the same project export function as MEP.

In MEP, when you have your movie project ready to be converted into a movie, you click File - then Export Movie.  Under that movie, you have a number of choices.  I generally prefer to work in mpg format.  To get a movie small enough for You Tube or Tangle.com (for example) you have to use some small settings within the export window.  The specifics are different for each type of format (WMP, mpg, avi, for example).

For mpg, configuring MPEG-2, at 320 x 240 using a video bit rate of 1028 will result in a pretty small movie.  Of course, the smaller you make it, the lower the quality, so you have to find the acceptable balance.

Good luck!

Tim
Artist3d wrote on 3/13/2009, 2:51 PM
YouTube Generally suggests that videos be optimized and converted to 320 X 240 sized FLVs compressed to 300Kbs - I save my stuff out from Magix as 100% quality mpgs then use a free program called Any Video Converter (check google) to batch convert my videos to FLV format. Very nice little program. Strange that most of the more sophisticated software like Move Edit Pro does not output to this almost Universal file format. Looks like the updated version 15 is still not offering the option. Odd considering Youtube, MetaCafe and almost all online video streaming sites appear to convert to this Flash-based format. Maybe a licensing issue?

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2009 (build 19043.1165)

4.00 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790K
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)

16334 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 [Display adapter]
Philips PHL 276E8V [Monitor] (27.2"vis, s/n 1059, December 2020)

Board: Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917) 1.0