Comments

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/9/2018, 4:02 PM

I got a message back from them on Facebook confirming Acid Pro 8 would be released in April!

MrSoundman wrote on 4/10/2018, 5:15 PM

Expect an announcement tomorrow ..... Musikmesse 2018 Frankfurt starts on the 11th of April .... hint hint ....

Former user wrote on 4/11/2018, 4:29 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody from Magix could confirm how they're getting on with the release of Acid Pro 8?

Can we still expect to see this released in April? I believe that was the release date mentioned by Magix in this video:

Thanks

I don't know man, I check the site everyday and getting discouraged seeing that "upgrade" date extended further and further. As if Sony didn't sit on this product long enough.

william-buck wrote on 4/12/2018, 10:49 AM

It is near the end of the 2nd day of Musik Messe 2018 and not a single peep about AP8. I would think Magix would be smart enough to take advantage of the free worldwide publicity and at least show a simple demo video of AP8 to get the word out that it is indeed coming and what we have to look forward to. Create some notoriety, interest & excitement before the big release.....marketing 101. OTOH, it will probably be released quietly in the dead of night with no fanfare.......LOL! ๐Ÿ™

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 4/15/2018, 12:54 PM

I Thought For Sure It Would Be Released This Weekend. Wrong.....

robertNC wrote on 4/15/2018, 2:06 PM

It is near the end of the 2nd day of Musik Messe 2018 and not a single peep about AP8. I would think Magix would be smart enough to take advantage of the free worldwide publicity and at least show a simple demo video of AP8 to get the word out that it is indeed coming and what we have to look forward to. Create some notoriety, interest & excitement before the big release.....marketing 101. OTOH, it will probably be released quietly in the dead of night with no fanfare.......LOL! ๐Ÿ™

I got sick of this, too. I already 'dropped' my cash on another DAW yesterday, waited years for acid pro, hated Sony for ruining such a great DAW and Magix is dicking us around, too. I wish Sonic Foundry never sold out to these money grubbing companies. I had developed a little respect for Magix for grabbing it from ugly Sony corporate and now they are sitting on it, too, as if it will hatch on it's own.

Not a good move. I had hoped the same that they will mention something at least. Just that idiot at NAMM reading off of the screen telling us what we already know. Even he didnt have more than one screenshot.

Disgusted!

You literally waited years just to drop money on another DAW, out of spite, only because Acid wasn't released this weekend?

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/15/2018, 8:06 PM

I got sick of this, too. I already 'dropped' my cash on another DAW yesterday, waited years for acid pro, hated Sony for ruining such a great DAW and Magix is dicking us around, too. I wish Sonic Foundry never sold out to these money grubbing companies. I had developed a little respect for Magix for grabbing it from ugly Sony corporate and now they are sitting on it, too, as if it will hatch on it's own.

Not a good move. I had hoped the same that they will mention something at least. Just that idiot at NAMM reading off of the screen telling us what we already know. Even he didnt have more than one screenshot.

Disgusted!

You literally waited years just to drop money on another DAW, out of spite, only because Acid wasn't released this weekend?

I'm hoping it's going to come out tomorrow since the sale ends today.

DANADAX wrote on 4/15/2018, 9:22 PM

Yโ€™all need patience. Weโ€™ve waited almost a decade, a few weeks isnโ€™t going to kill any of us. Itโ€™s not the end of the world.

Former user wrote on 4/16/2018, 1:39 AM

Disgusted!

Yup! You are a genius. Wake me up when it gets released.

Cooziez wrote on 4/19/2018, 6:15 PM

Just to stir this place up a little bit more.
with new pictures.

https://ask.audio/articles/magix-announces-acid-pro-8-biggest-update-in-a-decade-to-windows-daw

ย 

vern-connor wrote on 4/19/2018, 8:59 PM

So is it out ? Will I get the ap 8 link when I upgrade straight away ?

matheus-h wrote on 4/19/2018, 11:18 PM

Drop?

weevil wrote on 4/20/2018, 6:15 AM

Updated specs, updated look and new sounds seem to be the only new features.

vern-connor wrote on 4/20/2018, 3:45 PM

As long as itโ€™s more stable Iโ€™ll be happy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช

jason-shaw wrote on 4/21/2018, 12:17 AM

64 bit upgrade is the clincher for me - 32 bit is fine if you only/mainly work with loops, but I find even adding only a few vst plugins to the current 32 bit version 7 brings the whole thing to its knees very quickly. Not really useable. So I am very happy to sign up for the new version 8.

Area52 wrote on 4/23/2018, 1:13 AM

From Audio Express website: .."and now announced the release of the new ACID Pro 8 on April 23, 2018"..

Wonder where they got that info from and where's the official announcement?!

http://www.audioxpress.com/news/magix-brings-back-revolutionary-digital-audio-workstation-acid-pro

Former user wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:40 AM

ITS HERE!!!

RELEASED!

Area52 wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:40 AM

OK, so AP 8 is released now. Still wonder where they got that release date from? :D

weevil wrote on 4/23/2018, 5:02 AM

It's basically Acid Pro 7 that works with modern systems.

william-buck wrote on 4/23/2018, 5:26 AM

Yes, it is a little confusing for those of us that have pre-purchased AP8 (either directly or via free upgrade from AP7) and looking to get our copy. So we just need to download the 30-day trial (which is the full version?) and simply await for our serials to to be sent out later in the week to unlock? In the meantime we get to enjoy the full benefits of the new release?

ย 

weevil wrote on 4/23/2018, 5:28 AM

That's what I did.