Internet Explorer constantly crashes in my computer. How can I link the Online Player to Chrome instead of IE?

dcaddy43 wrote on 12/12/2013, 3:34 AM

Internet Explorer constantly crashes in my computer. How can I link the Online Player to Chrome instead of IE?

This problem  has always occurred so I never use IE. I have now started using Magix Online Player to place videos into a website I am building. So I just want Chrome to open automatically instead of IE.

Thanks in advance

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 12/12/2013, 4:44 PM

Hi,

I am a little confused with your post.  Do you want Chrome to open when you preview the site or do you want it to open when someone visits your site and plays a video.  I also am not sure what you mean by the Magix Online Player and how that relates to Chrome.

Are you sure you are using Xara Web Designer and not Website Maker.  I have been using Xara for years and it has never occured to me to actually choose a specific player.  I too hate IE and have been using Firefox for years and never have had any problems with any videos I put on my sites playing in either Firefox or IE. 

I also have some trouble understanding why you would want your site to open Google Chrome just to play a video.  Chrome is not really a super pobular browser so visitors to your site would need to have it installed if you force them to have it to see the video (if that is even possible).

I am not trying to be difficult here, just trying to understand a little more of what you are really trying to accomplish.

George