Integration of RipX Deep Audio

Geoff-Milnes wrote on 3/21/2023, 7:43 AM

The documentation of this process is rather sparse and I am unable to properly integrate RipX into Samplitude ProX 7. My full version of Melodyne was found and integrated without any problem.

It shows up in the plugin browser after doing a rescan but when I click the link, a window opens with 'RipLink' in the title bar and the following instruction:- Please add Riplink as an ARA Extension / Event

I cannot find anywhere with instructions to be able to carry out this suggestion.

I am using Window 10 Pro V H2 (OS Build 19045.2728)

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

Samplitude Pro X7 V 18.2.2.22564 (DP3)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Geoff Milnes

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/21/2023, 7:55 AM

@Geoff-Milnes Melodyne ARA is integrated via the audio object right click menu or as an object effect. It doesn't work via the plugin browser on a track. Steinberg SpectraLayers ARA should also work in the same way.

I don't think that RipX ARA is currently available in Samplitude if it doesn't appear in the right click menu. Try adding it as an external editor in the external editor list and check if this enables you to send audio objects via the right click menu to RipX.

You might ask proservice@magix.net for future integration in case you cannot integrate it.

Geoff-Milnes wrote on 3/21/2023, 4:29 PM

Many thanks SP!

Adding RipX as an external editor did the trick. I hadn't seen that option before nor does the help mention this (that I can find) but I really appreciate your help.

I thought it hadn't worked until I looked at the bottom of the RH mouse click menu on an audio track - and there it was in all it's glory!!!

Many thanks, I can go to bed happy now ☺

SP. wrote on 3/21/2023, 4:35 PM

@Geoff-Milnes Wow, great to hear! I hope it works with the ARA features too, for example syncing the playback. You should also test, if you can recall the RipX settings after saving, closing and reopening a project. If not, you might need to freeze the audio object before you save and close the project.

Paul-Gummer wrote on 2/6/2024, 7:59 PM

I'm having the same issue with RipX. How do you add RipX as an external editor? I can't seem to find it anywhere or find any info on how to add it. Sorry, I'm sure its an obvious process, but think I need an idiots guide on how to do it.

SP. wrote on 2/7/2024, 2:15 AM

@Paul-Gummer If I remember it correctly it's under File > Program Settings > External Tools.

Paul-Gummer wrote on 2/7/2024, 7:22 AM

@SP. Thank you sooo much, I finally got that working. You have no idea how long I spent last night trying to get that to work - I did find it briefly, but set it up wrong, then couldn't remember where I found the settings and spent the next 4 hours trying to find it again!!! - Doh)... well, its added now, will open up RipX on a selected file and separate all the tracks, but won't play through samplitude or sync with play. I guess that's because I'm still on Samplitude Pro X3 suite and need to upgrade to Pro X8? (I'm sure Magix sales team will tell me this is the case anyway - lol)

Thank you once again :-)