Installing on an Offline Computer

fwrend wrote on 12/10/2019, 7:42 AM

My apologies if this has been covered but a search turned up nothing and no specifics in the FAQs.

I have next to zero internet service at home and use my phone mostly. I have downloaded and installed Acid Pro 9 on my Surface Pro 4 down at the coffee shop but cannot load up my main DAW and cart it there.

Is there a way to install AP9 without physically downloading to the target computer? Are the required downloaded files still present on my Surface Pro and can I simply copy over the bulk of the program?

Thanks!

Comments

fwrend wrote on 12/13/2019, 11:30 AM

Response from support:

Hi Wren,

Thank you for writing us.  I'm the Sound Forge support manager, our Acid support manager is out of the country for the holidays.  Unfortunately, an internet connection is required for the activation of AP8, AP9, and AP Next.  Also, we are no longer authorized to issue P2 numbers for our video and audio programs.  I apologize for the inconvenience of this.  There was a bit of 'restructuring' here in the home office, and so some of the policies have changed and now internet connection is required for activation, and needed once per month for the 'phone home'.  I apologize, and we wish you a great holiday season.

Best regards,

Name removed by Moderator