Installation on on new computer error 24

Chris-Ellis wrote on 6/18/2020, 10:02 AM

I'm trying to install Xara Photo and Graphic Designer on a new computer as my old one is dying. I've entered my activation code and email I get two ticks on screen, bu then I get Error 24 - that the serial number is already registered to another email address. I've tried all my email addresses, checked for typos, no good. Please help.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/18/2020, 10:52 AM

@Chris-Ellis

Have you checked what is listed in the My Products section of your Magix account page here? That page should show ALL the registered products you have downloaded, either as Trial or Purchased versions and the latter should show both the serial keys and how many activations are currently recorded for each product. I suspect you may already have the maximum number of activations of the software listed, in which case, simply deactivate one or all of them there and then try again to register the software on your new computer.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Chris-Ellis wrote on 6/18/2020, 2:11 PM

Hi

Many thanks for replying.

I've tried what yo have suggested, but I can't find a My Products section on my account page. I'm told the serial number isn't registered - when I've tried registering I'm told the Serial number is already used.

Alas no progress!

emmrecs wrote on 6/19/2020, 11:03 AM

@Chris-Ellis

Hi again.

Sorry that didn't work!

My only other suggestion is to create a Support Ticket via this page. Make sure you send it to Sales and ask for their help in resolving this.

As a matter of interest, what is the version number of PGD which you have?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Chris-Ellis wrote on 6/19/2020, 5:14 PM

Thanks for your help. It's version 11,

All the best

Chris

Dave-Clark wrote on 5/9/2021, 4:57 PM

I purchased a copy of Photo & Graphic Designer 11 used. Attempted to register it and received error 24, Already Registered. Do I have any options or did I just throw away money? Thanks!

emmrecs wrote on 5/10/2021, 3:48 AM

@Dave-Clark

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

You may not have thrown away (your) money but it really depends upon the person who sold you the second-hand copy of PGD 11.

Assuming the seller is the original, registered owner of the software, you need to ask him/her to email infoservice@magix.net and explain that he has sold the software to you and thus needs to have Magix delete the registration details for PGD 11. (He will need to give all his details, including the registration key, I think).

Once that is completed and changes made by Magix, you should be able to register the software in your own name and to your computer.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Dave-Clark wrote on 5/10/2021, 4:57 PM

No, it was purchased from a Goodwill. So it sounds like they got a donation from me. Thank you for the assistance.

DaveC