Comments

sheppo wrote on 4/16/2021, 8:26 AM

Hi @Joseph-Duffy

this has been asked and answered / solved several times already. A couple of solutions below. I am editing the title of your post and pinning the post as it's a common issue.

Solutions

This appears to be caused by an issue in the c++ 2013 redistributable provided by Microsoft and included in Acid Pro update. Here are two existing posts detailing how individuals resolve the issue.

1. remove all existing c++ 2013 redistrbutable versions and try to AP10 update again
  2. remove just specific c++ 2013 redistributable versions, and try to the AP10 update again

if any other confirmed solutions are added to this post I will add them to the list

Murray-Melvin wrote on 4/19/2021, 12:29 PM

I can confirm that this is caused by having a bunch of different versions of the VC++ 2013 redist installed. The problem was solved by uninstalling all of them and letting the AP10 updater install the one it wants.

Greg-Pace wrote on 10/17/2023, 7:10 PM

Removing VC++2013 and letting acid install it did not fix my issue. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

SP. wrote on 10/18/2023, 2:57 AM

@Greg-Pace As far as I know this is the only way to get around this error. You might try to restart your computer after uninstalling the C++ 2013 Redistributables from Windows Apps and Features. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option. Then install Acid.