Install Audio Cleaning Lab 2016 on new PC

goodone2 wrote on 5/8/2023, 10:47 AM

Please help. I want to install my old Audio Cleaning 16 program on my new PC. I do not have it on any other devices (the desktop I had it on 'died' years ago). 

It tells me 'Too many installations, contact Magix support'. (I have the original CD and Serial number.)
Can you help please?
Robin Jones (loyal user/ advocate of Audio Cleaning Lab from 2005 to 2021!).

-----------------------------------
I am doing this because I cannot get to grips with Sound Forge (I purchased SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 365 (annual subscription) - tried one project unsuccessfully  ... then came Covid and after two years the subscription expired in early 2023. 

I decided to have another go so purchased Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 (Build 319) in February. 

I have tried again but am accepting defeat, despite the kind efforts of two people on the forum to help. 

Perhaps it's my failing cognitive abilities but I am finding it incredibly difficult and non intuitive. Hence my wanting to resurrect the 'old' Audio Cleaning Lab 2016. If there is a more up todate version with a smilar UI to the 'old' program I would happily buy it (despite having already invested c. £100 in two versions of Sound Forge!).

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/8/2023, 11:12 AM

@goodone2

Assuming your version of ACL will run on a modern computer you need to deactivate your existing registrations of the app. To do this (since your desktop ... died years ago) you need to go to your Magix account, log in and go to My products. Find the listing for ACL 2016, click on Show more details and on that next screen, deactivate any and all installations of the software you no longer need.

Then log out, wait a few minutes for the changes to become fully effective and then try again to register and activate your new installation.

If you do not remember your account password but are sure the email address is correct, click on Forgot password to have a password reset message sent to you.

If your email address is no longer correct AND you cannot remember your password you will need to email infoservice@magix.net, give them as many details of your account as you can remember (order number, old email address, etc., etc.) and ask that they change your registered email address. Once that is done and your password reset, use the procedure above to activate your software.

If your email address has changed but you can remember the account password associated with the old address, use both of them to log in and, whilst logged in, go to User data and update your registered email address.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/8/2023, 11:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 5/8/2023, 11:17 AM

@goodone2 Do you have 2016 or 16? That's important to know. For version 2016 you should be able to free up your previous installations in your user account at https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/ Look under My Products. Older versions like version 16 (from 2009) sometimes need a reset of the installation counter which cannot be done by yourself. This has to be done by the customer service at infoservice@magix.net

Sound Forge Audio Studio is completely different product. You might check out Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 4 which is the newest version of Audio Cleaning Lab and similar to your old version. But version 4 has some problematic bugs which aren't solved yet.

goodone2 wrote on 5/9/2023, 11:07 AM

That's great, it was 2016 Premium and I've followed your advice and it's running again. "Back in business" thank you! Re upgrading to Audio Cleaning Lab 4 is your advice that it might be best to wait till some bugs are sorted out?

SP. wrote on 5/9/2023, 11:19 AM

@goodone2 Yes, better wait if 2016 runs fine.