Instalation programs

Andrzej-Aleksiejuk wrote on 9/15/2022, 1:33 AM

I bought the Photostory Deluxe app (series and installation instructions) from your online store. I am having trouble installing one of the program components, namely Travel Maps. When installing this add-on, a window appears stating that the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-DVD or other removable drive that is not available. It's about pointing to the location of the Traveler_Maps_setup_x64ms file, and I don't know where to look for it, and I haven't received any CD / DVD from you. In addition, a window will appear with the information that the older version of Magix Travel Maps cannot be deleted although I do not have any older version of this program. Error code 1603

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/15/2022, 4:01 PM

@Andrzej-Aleksiejuk

Hi

The two issues you are having may be related to the -1603 error -1603 which means the run permissions or Temp folder access permissions are incorrect.

See this Support article, and this Microsoft article/solution if you cannot uninstall the Travel maps installation

HTH

JohN EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Andrzej-Aleksiejuk wrote on 9/22/2022, 8:03 AM

Thank you very much for the advice given. I downloaded Microsoft troubleshooter and uninstalled Travel maps addon via product code which I extracted from log files. Then I checked Temp folder permissions of SYSTEM account and everything was allowed.

Unfortunately, after following all of your instructions, I’m still being prompted: “The path “cannot be found”. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package “Travel_Maps_setup_x64.ms_” in a folder from which you can install the product.“

Additionally I checked where in Temp folder installer puts Travel_Maps_setup_x64.ms_ and I manually passed the path after being asked to pass source path:

Installer window prompted me with: “’C:\Users\Andrzej\AppData\Local\Temp\mgx90z2mfl5\product\Travel_Maps_setupx64.ms_’ is not a valid Installation package for the product. Try to find the Installation package ‘Travel_Maps_setup_x64.ms_’ in a folder from which you can install.

I would very much appreciate your additional help.