Input monitoring sounds great until I press record button

George-Cottrell wrote on 2/4/2019, 10:08 AM

Using Acid Pro 8 Most recent build.

I'm having a weird issue. Input monitoring sounds awesome until I start recording. Once I try to record the monitoring sounds like that scene in The Matrix when Neo takes the red pill and touches the mirror. Extreme digital harshness. The playback tracks sound normal, but the armed recording track does not.

I have tried on at least 2 different recording interfaces with the same results.

When I playback what was recorded it sounds great. The issue only exists when using input monitoring while recording a track.

Comments

George-Cottrell wrote on 2/6/2019, 8:14 AM

This forum is weak.

I have posted 2 issues I'm facing and haven't received a single response.

Maybe Harrison Mixbus will take issues users are facing seriously, or the fine folks at Reaper.

Magix obviously doesn't want people to adopt Acid Pro. The lack of correspondence is deafening. Their desire to charge me $12.99 for tech support because the software I just bought is "too old" speaks volumes.

I love Acid Pro, but I'm starting to get a severe distaste for Magix.

The countdown has begun. Either my issues are addressed, or I walk and tell the world what a sh*t show this is.

emmrecs wrote on 2/6/2019, 11:09 AM

@George-Cottrell

This forum is weak

This forum is provided by Magix as a means of user-to-user interaction. The lack of any response to your posts may quite reasonably mean that no other user who visits here has actually experienced this problem and so knows what to suggest. And by the way, less than 48 hours between the post containing your question and that with your denunciation of Acid and Magix is not really conducive to anyone even attempting to offer advice! 😀

You have told us nothing at all about your computer, (hardware, operating system, etc., etc) all of which is likely very relevant to your problem. Please read this post for details of what other users need to know if they are to have any chance at all of helping you.

Clearly, we do not know when, exactly, you actually purchased Acid Pro, but Magix' standard support service runs for 12 months from that date. If you are still within that period then yes, you should be able to raise a ticket without paying; have you tried using the Contact button at the foot of every forum page? If it is more than 12 months since you purchased, then buying a support ticket is your only option.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

sheppo wrote on 2/8/2019, 6:50 PM

@George-Cottrell

based on what little information you have provided us this sounds a lot like an issue with devices outside of Acid. Or maybe the mere act of recording audio is hammering your CPU and causing a lot of clicking due to buffering and latency issues.

A couple things to try

1. options->preferences->audio device, and putting the two buffering sliders up.
  2. You could also try installing something like ASIO4ALL from asio4all.org
  3. lastly, here's a good (albeit long) read on general audio issues... which also ends in installing ASIO4ALL

and yeah, I know it's frustrating when you hit a problem like this, but as emmrecs pointed out, a little bit of respect goes a long way. All of us, even us moderators, are people that have purchased the software just like you, and are only trying to help out where we can.

You support ticket problem definitely doesn't sound right, so I would try logging a ticket through the support site, whilst logged in. https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request

sheppo wrote on 2/8/2019, 6:53 PM

actually, there's a FAQ item on the support page (that I can't get a link to, and could only find on google cache) that suggests it is not possible to, in acid, to listen to monitored audio whilst recording. So, I'm wondering, have you enabled "listen to this device" in the recording device properties in windows? If so, the garble you hear whilst recording may just be an unintended conflict. :-/