Independence Pro "File Not Found" error

mfny wrote on 12/15/2022, 6:39 AM

Hello,

I am having an issue with an error about unable to find files when trying to load an instrument in independence Pro despite having downloaded the image files and having their location correctly pointed to in preferences

How may I fix this issue ?

Edit:

This seems to only be an issue in standalone mode, running as a VST it appears to work as expected.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/15/2022, 7:29 AM

@mfny Did you run the separate Premium Library installer? This is necessary.

Or did you just add a backup of the library to Independence via the preferences? This wouldn't work.

mfny wrote on 12/15/2022, 7:53 AM

I ran the base product pro and the premium library installer, also while it does work in a VST in ACID 11 it does have issues finding the files again when loaded into Digital Performer as a VST.

Very strange.

SP. wrote on 12/15/2022, 8:18 AM

@mfny Is your Premium Library a part of ACID or did you buy it separately?

The Premium Library that comes with Magix products is definitely locked and doesn't work outside.

mfny wrote on 12/15/2022, 9:42 AM

So it is expected behaviour for it to only work as a VST inside of ACID 11 ?

SP. wrote on 12/15/2022, 11:36 AM

@mfny Yes. It might also work in Music Maker, Samplitude Music Studio and Samplitude Pro. If you want to use in another DAW you need to buy it separately from Magix.

joseph-dittrich wrote on 1/25/2023, 8:31 PM

how can i find the library installer for independence

Kenneth-Parks wrote on 1/10/2024, 12:46 PM

Dear Magix Support: Way back in November 2021 I purchased an additional license for Independence Pro library to be used with Nuendo. You provided me with the Serial number and the download links. I followed the instructions multiple times and downloaded and installed the Pro Library how ever it NEVER worked. The "Free " Version works but the Pro version can never find the files. I receive a YTIndependence - File Not Found Error. I really like the pop brass samples as well as the others but it frustrating to pay additional cost for another copy of Independence Pro and it not work with Nuendo. I works fine in Samplitude but because your company has never resolved this issue I have refused to upgrade Samplitude from Pro x 5. It's hard to give your company any money when it seems it is a waste of time. How do i get this additional library to work with Nuendo or any other DAW I want to use??

SP. wrote on 1/10/2024, 8:08 PM

@Kenneth-Parks Hello. This is a user forum and no Magix staff is active here. But maybe I can give you some advice.

Have you installed the Independence sampler via the Samplitude installation options? I'm pretty sure that this installation is locked to Samplitude and will not work outside of it.

Therefore, you need to uninstall this version of Independence and download the "separate" Sampler installer from your customer account at Magix.com.

After you installed that version of the Sampler, you can use the Pro Library installer to install the samples.

After you load the library for the first time inside Independence, you should get a box to enter the serial number to unlock it.

In the past, some users didn't get this text box, resulting in a failed unlocking leading to the "File not found" error message. If I remember it correctly, we c found out, that one user had a special character in his Windows user account name and so Independence couldn't access the C:\Users\*Username*\ directory.

I also believe, that you maybe need to install older Microsoft .Net 3.5/3.0/2.0 frameworks, for example in the "Turn Windows features on or off" panel, or otherwise the unlock process might not be able to start.