Incomplete recording, for the very first time after years of use

Colin-Moore4378 wrote on 11/14/2023, 2:01 PM

Audi Cleaning Labs de Luxe 16, serial number P2-Removed by Moderator

Had this for many years - no problems at all. Using Windows laptop, Windows 10. Previously used ACL with earlier WIndows versions. I recorded from Youtube, a track by Jimmie Spheeris called 'Moon on the Water.' which I've recorded several times in the past with no problems. I've never had a problem with Audio Cleaning Labs, ever. On this occasion It recorded 'Moon on the Water,' but when I played it back there was clearly something wrong - the correct recording would start with a bass guitar, some fingering of notes on an electric guitar and the occasional tapping with one drumstick on the edge of a drum, but the only thing recorded was the bass guitar. The other instruments were simply not there. I tried it a few times - same result. I recorded the same music using Spotify - same result. I have not had any problem ever with ACL and have recorded the same track before many times, successfully, I look forward to your comments. Thank you. Colin Moore.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/14/2023, 2:19 PM

@Colin-Moore4378 Please edit your post and remove your serial number to prevent misuse. This is a public user forum.

Now to your problem, have you tried to simply restart your computer? Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option. This could already help, in case there is something wrong with the audio driver.

johnebaker wrote on 11/14/2023, 3:07 PM

@Colin-Moore4378

Hi

Assuming the audio is stereo, when playing the music 'normally' ie in your browser direct from YT, do you hear all instruments?

If so then I suspect that the balance of recording is set to either left or right channel only, or it is not set to record stereo-both channels.

If not then check your player settings are set to stereo and balance in centred.

John EB
Forum moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.