Impulse Response File Convolver & Mixing Support for Acid Pro 8

drbonkers wrote on 10/22/2016, 12:30 AM

Hi Magix Team,

Congrats on the acquisition of Acid Pro and Sound Forge as I am a loyal paid user of both programs since version 3.0  in the old Sonic Foundry ownership days. I just found out about this switch when checking out the Sony blog regarding this feature request. I am currently running Acid Pro 7 in a 64-bit Windows 7 environment using an AMD processor.

Competing products such as Sonar and Presonus Studio One have native support for impulse response files to use both as reverbs and guitar/bass cabinet simulation files.

My request is for a new version of Acid Pro to much much more natively support not only this type of files, so that I do not have not bounce back and forth between Voxengo and the ancient Sonic Foundry Acoustic Mirror plug-ins in a legacy version of Sound Forge to do this type of work in a very cumbersome way, but also be able to shoot such impulse files natively in Acid and mix various impulse response files to make a mixed impulse response file of them (e.g. mix two different Mashall 4X12  impulse files shot mixed into one file to give the sonic equivalent of playing through a stack of two 4X12 cabinets sonically).

Any plans for such an upgrade of functionalities?

Do you have a timeline for release of the new Acid Pro as we have gone many years without an update. I really do not want to switch from Acid Pro, but the lack of updates is getting me nervous this is going the way of Opcode Studio Vision.

Best,

Dr B.

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...