Importing VCR

Chellebear wrote on 6/17/2017, 6:00 AM

Hi there

I bought some Magix software a good few years back, and couldn't get it to work. I did the old "I'll sort it when I get time" and today I found that time. (Crazy how life moves so fast!)

I bought the kit off amazon - its a scart lead, which joins into the red, white and yellow jacks, with an S video. Then a mini connector (what looks like a really small samsung charger slot, if that makes sense!) that plugs into a red Magix USB dongle... this has a blue light.

The CD is Video Easy Rescue your Videotapes edition.

I plug the scart into the VCR (set to out), and the dongle into the laptop. I join the RYW connectors and leave the Svid unhooked. I can see USB 2861 device in device manager.

At the time, and today, I loaded the software, and I hooked it all up. I create a new project and selected to import from analogue. That takes me to an import page, where there is a dropdown menu, and a refresh button. I have never been able to get passed this page. I have tried installing the driver2828xzip files.

I have tried to register the product, to see if I can get an update or access support, but it tells me its already registered under a different address. I dont know if I did this years ago, with a different address, I tried a few of my emails but kept getting the error.

In short, I am lost and have no idea what to try next. I dont know if the software or the hardware, and now we are windows 10 that doesnt help (although I can say, it never worked back when I had Windows 7)

Any advice that can be offered, I am willing to give it a try.

Thanks in advance :O)

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 6/18/2017, 8:07 AM

Hi,

if you work with Windows10, the best solution is to buy the latest generation of a USB capture device with a software. With this you are sure that is compatible with your system.

Regards,

YR