Importing Magix Maps

Jan-Creasey wrote on 1/14/2021, 5:10 PM

I have somehow managed to change the file extension on my Travel Maps to now open with Photostory, the actual software and now I cannot play or open/insert map into Photostory. File extension is MXGEO but I am not sure how to change to the correct one. Sorry, I hope this makes sense to someone. Currently Have latest version of Photostory Deluxe. Thanks. Jan

Comments

Jan-Creasey wrote on 1/14/2021, 5:31 PM

I can see that Movies and Tv has opened my files in past but this choice does not seem to be available to me now even though I can see it is installed on my computer.

browj2 wrote on 1/14/2021, 5:55 PM

@Jan-Creasey

Hi Jan,

MXGEO is the file extension for a Travel Maps project. You cannot use this in PhotoStory. In Travel Maps, you have to complete the process under the Finish tab, Start video export with Edit in PhotoStory checked. Once the video has been created, you can exit Travel Maps. It will ask you if you want to save the project. Do this if you think that you will need to come back to edit the same Travel Maps project - this creates the Travel Maps project with the extension MXGEO. After exiting, you will now be back in PhotoStory and the map animation should be on the timeline. Look at the filename; it's a .wmv file, which is a video format.

It seems that you are new to video editing and PhotoStory. I suggest that you do some reading in the manual to understand how it all works.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 1/15/2021, 7:52 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Jan-Creasey wrote on 1/14/2021, 6:49 PM

John, thank you so much. This makes more sense to me and I think I was missing out an important step. Will certainly have a look at the manual. Much appreciated.